|Job Ref:||204658543||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£40000 - £45000/annum Excellent Benefits||Post Date:||10/10/2016 18:43|
Yard Superintendent (Shore based) |
Base Salary £40k-£45k (depending on experience) + Benefits.
Alecto Recruitment is recruiting for a superb opportunity with our client a successful and leading Passenger Cruise Service Provider. We have an excellent opportunity available for a Yard Superintendent to join a superb team.
Our client operates 16 Passenger Cruise Vessels along with a small fleet of support vessels and barges. Due to continued growth we are seeking an experienced Superintendent.
* Assist the Director of Fleet Engineering with various projects as directed, e.g. the preparation of dry dock specifications, vessel upgrades, and modifications to planned maintenance system
* Prepare and present documents for tender
* Negotiate and set up trade discounts with suppliers, putting orders out to tender and building relationships with new suppliers.
* Ensure that all vessels are at full technical readiness.
* Communicate with the relevant departments on day to day matters and all scheduled dry dockings
* Monitor and implement all matters relating to Health and Safety and the environment
* Monitoring quality standards and productivity/performance
* Ideally hold a Degree within a Engineering Discipline
* Masters in Engineering is an advantage but not essential
* Strong background and working knowledge of Health & Safety systems and protocols
* Previous experience working as a Superintendent within the Marine industry with a engineering discipline / background
* Experience of Project Management of large capital engineering projects
* Demonstrate proven track record in running tender agreements
This is a superb opportunity for an experienced Superintendent to work Yard based with a established and reputable business
To apply for this role, please forward your CV to Mike Prew, Alecto Recruitment. or call (Apply online only) in strict confidence.
Alecto Recruitment Limited is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
If your experience matches please forward your CV immediately.
We thank all applicants who respond, but only those short listed will be contacted.
For more information about the positions we are currently recruiting for, please take a look at (url removed) or follow us on Twitter @alectorecruit