|Job Ref:||204658443||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Birmingham||Address:||Post Code:||B12||Salary:||£100 - £200/day negotiable dep on experience||Post Date:||18/10/2016 14:16|
Our client is currently sourcing an Assistant Materials Interface Engineer for their rail division in Birmingham on an initial 6 month contract.|
The main purpose of the position is to provide assistance to the materials interface engineering team with the management of indirect material and non-signalling purchase requests for various projects within the Birmingham portfolio.
• Take receipt of and co-ordinate project Purchase Request Forms from the various departments within the project teams.
• Liaise with the project requestors to ensure full and accurate completion of the request forms and to resolve any queries arising from those requests.
• Initiate and follow up Requests for Quotations (RFQs) for the required items/materials with supply chain, in order to confirm the relevant purchasing details to enable the onward processing of requisitions.
• Provide assistance to the MIE with raising 'Direct Requisitions' for Indirect or non-signalling materials items from the Spiridon (SAP) business system.
• Set up and on-going maintenance of paper and electronic filing and logging system for Material requests to enable tracking of purchase requests through to delivery to site.
• Assist the MIE with the expediting of requested materials via the project buyer, through the production and use of expediting reports.
• Attend construction and Project Engineering meetings as and when required.
• Ability to work Independently on own initiative, or as part of a team
• Good communication skills
• Quick to learn and adapt to new software / business systems.
Computer literacy and competent with Office Applications, specifically Microsoft Excel. and Microsoft Outlook
• Organised approach with excellent time management skills