|Job Ref:||204658187||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||East London||Address:||Post Code:||E1||Salary:||£60000 - £70000/annum||Post Date:||10/10/2016 18:44|
One of the leading importers and distributors of DIY tools and products into the UK and are looking for someone to head up the parts & service division located in East London. Their range includes a range of products suitable to the DIY/Semi-Professional user and they have extensive range of high-quality consumer goods.
You will be working with the existing service manager and parts people to ensure the repairs, parts, customer interface with our national dealer base is maintained to a high standard together with a review of all procedures with the team on a monthly basis. You will be fully responsible to the Managing Director for the site.
Experience within DIY and Construction as apposed to heavy engineering.
You will be a graduate electrical or mechanical engineer or qualified through experience and have at least 10 years in a similar position with a positive can-do attitude and a desire to sort any issues as they arise.
With 20 staff on-site you will have good management skills and bring everyone on board to the best way forward for the team.
You will be required to present monthly reports from all departments to management and recommend improvements ongoing to achieve the best results for the company.
* The physical reporting of any issues to do with the building inside and out and reporting to our surveying department.
* Maintenance of all tools and equipment used on site to ensure it is safe according to health and safety
* Fire/security alarm safety and first call out in the event of an alarm plus fire drills as required by the company H&S officer.
* Weekly payroll submission to head office accounts division
* Maintenance and review of CCTV systems with supply providers.
* All aspects of staff relations as expected of a Site Manager
* Cash handling and weekly transfers to head office.
* Daily/weekly review of all customer jobs and workload with the Service Manager and part department to ensure best practice
* Nightly data backups and off-site storage at home.
* Continuous update and review of interactive website for returns, claims, parts, service and catalogue requests.
* Update of all hosted customer information including manuals, COSHH data and other relevant material.
* Maintenance of the Clarke service department web site working together with marketing.
* BT telephone system programming as and when needed for the site.
£40-50k based on experience +Annual salary review for all staff in June + Twice yearly performance related bonus in June/Dec + Pension and life cover (twice salary) + 4 weeks holiday per annum
8am - 6pm