|Job Ref:||204658014||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Cheshire||City:||Cheshire||Address:||Post Code:||SK9||Salary:||£47000 - £53000/annum Negotiable||Post Date:||10/10/2016 18:44|
Senior Mechanical Estimator--- Permanent--- Salary circa £50K--- North West based|
The role requires an estimating professional with experience in oil & gas, chemical, and power & nuclear industries preparing estimates at various project stages including concept design, FEED, scheme design, detailed design, supply equipment only, fabrication, installation commissioning and operations.
• To prepare complex estimates for the inclusion in a range of client facing proposals
• To review a range of estimating methodologies and NORM databases and prepare defensible bases of estimates and detailed strategies for cost effective methodologies for price preparation.
• To champion the NORM database with Lessons Learnt from tenders and projects to ensure ongoing competitiveness and lead estimating continuous improvement
• To conduct detailed contingency and risk analyses in conjunction with the Commercial Manager to ensure appropriate allowances
• The review of incoming tender documentation and the production of a planned methodology, preliminary basis of estimate and a clear strategy for price competitiveness for inclusion in the overall tender strategy.
• Engaging with internal stakeholders, in particular the Senior Bid Manager, Commercial Manager and Senior staff members to ensure margin expectations and risk expectations are being met.
• Working closely with the Commercial Manager in the establishment and continuous review of appropriate NORMs and productivity factors across a range of disciplines, to ensure low risk delivery and competitiveness against the competition.
• Four eyed review of outputs of other estimators to ensure consistency and appropriateness.
• The preparation of detailed estimates through a range of techniques and cross check against past and current experience.
• Use various methodologies to ascertain estimate uncertainty and the required risk factor from the tender risk register.
• Presentation and explanation of estimate structures to Senior Management and key stakeholders, including clients.
• Lead Lessons Learnt and continuous improvement to the estimating database.
Experience & Attributes
• Working knowledge of the petrochemical, power and process markets
• + 8 years experience of estimating in a highly regulated environment with at least 4 years in proposals an advantage.
• Experience of industrial site working.
• Highly numerate and capable in the use of Microsoft Excel and other estimating tools.
• Ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
• Demonstrable capability to think independently in the use of systems, challenging NORMs and adopting best practice in estimation.
• Demonstrable knowledge in the continuous improvement of estimating methodologies and the positives and negatives of differing approaches.
• Qualified Mechanical Engineer