|Job Ref:||204657938||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Brighton||Address:||Post Code:||BN2||Post Date:||10/10/2016 18:44|
Confirmation of Vacancy|
Job Title: Systems Engineer
Reports to: Senior Programme Manager
Job Ref: 3602TPP
To act as the focal point for the relevant Programme Manager, external suppliers and the Customer for all system related activities and is responsible for both their own work and any co-workers. Their work involves frequent Customer one-one meetings/contact, either in person or remotely (by phone/e
mail/WebEx). The job holder has responsibility for prioritising work tasks, planning and cost control, working within a flexible engineering environment this role will be part of a team of highly motivated, skilled and experienced individuals.
• System requirement definition and sub system de-composition, working with the Customer in a team context
• System design including architectures, performance analysis and integration aspects
• Requirements management and verification analysis via established tools used and methodologies.
• Participation in system test rig design, test rig commissioning and system testing
• Support of system testing at the company and customer's premises and/or test house facilities
• Preparation of documentation with the end goal of system qualification and product certification (including system specifications, interface control documents, system description documents, test specifications, qualification test plans and reports)
• Supporting new business growth in promoting the company's capability to customers, in investigating possible opportunities and in preparation of responses to customer Requests for Proposal
• Produce plans/schedules in line with the Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) and in conjunction with the Programme Manager and or allocated resources.
• Provide concise and robust systems requirements database to customer and equipment owners.
• A good engineering qualification in Electrical, Electronic, Aeronautical, Systems, Control, Reliability, Safety or Risk Engineering or other appropriate professional qualification.
• Awareness of DOORS is preferable but not essential.
• Good understanding of the System Engineering process and its application to the product lifecycle, ILS/ISM along with a clear understanding of the importance of the Design Review process.
• Experience of understanding and interpreting customer/ internal specifications to extract technical requirements, building strong relationships with external and internal customers.
• Awareness of terms such as VCRI, Compliance Matrix, Verification Matrix, RACI Matrix and other similar tools for the demonstration of requirements achievement.
Internal: Own team members. Production Engineering and Operations
External: Customer Engineers and Project / Programme Managers.
The candidate should be numerate, literate, hardworking, organised and possess a pleasant manner with a methodical approach to their work. They should be a self-starter with the ability to work on their own initiative or as part of a team.
EXPERIENCE I ACHIEVEMENTS
Minimum 5 year's industry experience in a Systems (Risk, Reliability, Safety etc) Engineering Environment
• Degree or educated to a recognised alternative I experience
• Awareness of DOORS
• Awareness of CADMID
• Awareness of Safety including FMECA, FRACAS, DRACAS, Hazard Analysis, Safety Assessments etc
• Knowledge of Risk Management.
• Knowledge of ILS, ILM
• Knowledge of Design Verification Activities
• Experience in Military/ Aerospace Sector
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE
• Attention to detail
• Ability to work to deadlines and prioritise workload appropriately.
• Methodical approach to their work.
• Analytical and Methodical
• Communication and Credibility
• IT proficient- e.g. Microsoft Suite of Tools
• Team Player
• Possess a demonstrable Positive Mental attitude
This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate. To apply for this role please go through the link and we will call you to discuss the position before you details are submitted to our client.
Terry Parris Associates are recruitment consultants who value the needs of their clients and candidates. We are always happy to discuss vacancies, so if you are interested in this or any other position we have please give us a call.
Perm Location: Brighton 3602TPP