|Job Ref:||204655190||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Basingstoke||Address:||Post Code:||RG21||Salary:||£45000 - £50000/annum competitive||Post Date:||10/10/2016 18:44|
Software Engineer (Embedded, OOA, Firmware) - £45,000 to £50,000|
Software Engineer Role and Company Overview:
As Software Engineer (Embedded, OOA, Firmware), you'll be designing and developing software for remote monitoring systems in a rapidly growing SME in Basingstoke. You'll be hands-on with the complete software life cycle, except for writing the code, which you will liaise with overseas contractors on.
These medical devices are regularly used for defence and medical applications, so knowledge of relevant ISO or FDA standards is desirable, but a thorough and rigorous approach to tasks is essential.
As Software Engineer (Embedded, OOA, Firmware), your work will include preparation of architecture, plans, software specifications, acceptance test cases and technical liaison with off-shore software sub-contractors who develop the code. It will need someone keen to gather requirements, develop concepts and manage the implementation and testing of a specific area of product features.
Please note that this role does not involve writing code.
* A Bachelor of Engineering or Computing degree or equivalent from an accredited school in an appropriate engineering/technical discipline
* At least 4 years' experience within Embedded Software/Firmware Development (C or C++, Device Drivers, RTOS)
* Working knowledge and experience of Windows software
* Experience with Object-oriented Development or Object Oriented Analysis e.g. C++, C#, Java
* An aptitude for managing sub-contractors and working with customer technical staff
* A willingness to travel occasionally
* Background in software design, verification/validation, and use of relevant software programming tools, for example, Visual C++/C#
* Experience of working within an organisation operating an engineering quality system and meeting regulatory requirements.
* Understanding of communications protocols TCP/UDP, TLS/SSL
Start date: ASAP
Location: Basingstoke, UK, with occasional travel worldwide.
Remuneration: £45,000 to £50,000