Translator - IAMD Poland (In Country) |
The Translator will serve as an official translator for Raytheon personnel in Warsaw, Poland for a 12 month fixed term. This position can be filled by a US person who meets the qualification or a Polish National.
Will manage, facilitate and provide effective written and oral translation, primarily in support of formal tender procedures, negotiations and other related activities with the Polish Ministry of Defense (MoD), Armed Forces, various other Polish Government agencies and the Polish business community. Responsibilities include listening to, understanding, and translating spoken or written statements from both Polish to English, and English to Polish, and having the ability to quickly translate oral statements with an accurate reproduction of the intent of the original statement. The original material for translation will consist of both technical and non-technical information, and include unique military terminology. The Translator will also hold responsibility to oversee and manage translation services provided by third parties contracted by the company, and will serve as final editor for translation of written documents provided by such service providers.
Please note: Any offer of employment for a non US Person is conditioned upon successful completion of all required paperwork such as obtaining proper US Department of State Export Authorization, employment verification and background check.
- Prepare written translation of correspondence originating from either Raytheon or Polish government and industry sources to facilitate proposal submissions, discussions, and negotiations.
- Serve as official translator for Raytheon personnel in both formal and informal meetings, conferences, and other interactions by providing non-simultaneous translation of oral discussions and briefings.
- Listen to, understand, and translate oral statements and written documents while accurately relaying concepts, ideas and intent of the original statement.
- Oversee and manage translation services provided by third parties contracted by the company.
- Serve as final editor and proof reader to provide consistent and accurate translations of written documents originating from either third parties contracted by the company, or from company employees.
- Accompany foreign visitors and facilitate communication with Raytheon personnel for visitors with limited English proficiency.
- Provide accurate written translation of contract letters, company correspondence, policies, regulations, procedures and general business documents.
- Assist Raytheon personnel by interpreting and/or preparing ad-hoc translation of Polish and/or English business correspondence originating from various sources.
- Maintain and develop a glossary of commonly used Polish/English technical and military terminology.
- Provide interpretation of the meaning and intent of the Polish equivalency of English terminology.
- Assists Raytheon personnel with other ad-hoc translation related responsibilities, as may be directed.
- Must be a Sworn Translator (or ability to obtain Sworn by the Ministry of Justice of the Republic of Poland).
- Technical translation experience
- Military translation experience
- Ability to provide oral and written translation from English to Polish, and Polish to English (not simultaneous)
- Ability to read aloud documents written in English or Polish in the language other than that in which they were originally written
- Organization and management skills
- 6+ years formal experience in general translation, copywriting and editing
- Proficiency with computer assisted translation tools
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
- Fluency in English
- Fluency in Polish
- Familiarity with Polish and NATO military terminology
- US Secret Clearance or the ability to obtain one (if a US citizen)
- Ability to become Sworn Translator (if a US citizen)
- Polish military security clearance (if a Polish citizen)
- Engineering Degree or equivalent
- Master's Degree in Linguistics or equivalent
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Company, with 2015 sales of $23 billion and 61,000 employees, is a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, civil government and cybersecurity solutions. With a history of innovation spanning 94 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration, C5ITM products and services, sensing, effects, and mission support for customers in more than 80 countries.
None / Not Required
Type Of Job
Poland - Warsaw