Must possess a Bachelor's degree in engineering or a related technical science
Location: UCLA Cogeneration Facility, Los Angeles
Our scale is expansive but that is nothing compared to our imagination.
If you have the passion and talent to keep up, it's time to test the limits of what you can become. Continue to build your future with WorleyParsons.
- Adheres to, and has full working knowledge of the plant safety program. Works in conjunction with the Operations and Maintenance Supervisors and other shift personnel to ensure that safe working practices and conditions are adhered to. Works with the operations shift team to enforce safety rules and procedures by assuring safe work practices compliance on a daily shift-rotational basis. Will have oversight responsibility over outside maintenance and contractors to ensure that they are working in a safe and hazard free environment.
- Performs the necessary operating, regulating, and adjusting duties in maintaining proper control of water levels, temperatures, draft conditions, and output of the plant operating equipment including the operation of pumps, fans, generators, switchgear, and other related auxiliary and balance of plant equipment. Duties will also include operating oil purifying and filtering equipment, maintain fluid flows in a multitude of process equipment and piping, adjust flows when required by plant operating conditions, operate water treatment equipment, operate gas handling equipment and clean strainers and wire screens as required for continuous operation. Must have ability read and interpret plant drawings and operations procedures and have a working knowledge of electrical one-lines and heat and material balance documentation.
- Directly responsible for issuing Safe Work Permits, initiating Lock Out/Tag Out clearances and isolations, conducting confined space permit surveys for determining safe work conditions, issuing Hot Work Permits, and direct oversight of other critical plant safety and environmental procedures. Directly responsible for plant housekeeping programs and material handling safety precautions to ensure safe working conditions exist in the plant at all times.
- Operate locally based computer operating systems for some sub-units within the plant.
- Perform functional tests and interlock testing as directed by the control room.
- Coordinates and participates in the planning and conductance of on-shift preventative maintenance activities.
- Ensures a smooth and accurate shift turnover through proper written and oral communication.
- Complete other duties as required.
What you will bring
Technical and Industry Experience
- Chiller operations experience and aero derivative gas turbine operations experience highly desired.
- Must be able to climb vertical ladders, work a twelve (12) hour shift (both days and nights), wear and use a respirator, be able to bend and stoop, crawl into restricted spaces and be able to lift 40 pounds.
- Responsible for performing complex work assignments involving independent judgment to determine a course of action consistent with established functional and organizational policies and goals. Able to complete tasks in accordance with project procedures and applicable codes and/or standards. Able to discuss routine technical problems and communicate effectively with immediate supervisor and other project personnel.
- Advanced proficiency with applicable software applications in related field. Advanced analytical and problem solving skills. Accuracy and attention to detail critical. Ability to meet deadlines and manage priorities is critical.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English is critical. Must be able to understand and explain why things are done in a particular way within a broader organizational context. Commitment to customer service and ability to work in a team-oriented environment. Ability to maintain confidential information is critical. Under minimal supervision, performs difficult technical support assignments, requiring the application of advanced techniques, in accordance with established standards and procedures. Typically will regularly interface with departmental staff and with outside customers.
Education - Qualifications, Accreditation, Training
Must possess a Bachelor's degree in engineering or a related technical science.
When you join WorleyParsons you'll join an equal opportunity employer that believes in the inherent benefits of a diverse workplace, that promotes inclusion and flexibility. We encourage applications from a very diverse population of people that reflects the range of countries, cultures and contexts spanned by our operations. We also work flexibly at WorleyParsons and are open to a range of proposals about what arrangements would best suit our people's needs.
W orleyParsons is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Our Culture and the Way We Work
Our distinctive culture is what sets us apart as an organization by defining who we are and what we believe. Our values of Leadership, Performance, Relationships and Agility and our "Way We Work" behaviors sit at the heart of this culture. Learn about Our Culture and Way We Work behaviors and the specific technical behaviors to strive for in your role to imagine the impact you will make.
Our goal is to develop and most importantly retain the people who share our vision and strategy.
To help us achieve our vision and yours, apply now.