|Job Ref:||2016-12499||Employer:||Golder Associates||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||Canada||County/State:||Ontario||City:||Windsor||Address:||Post Date:||12/10/2016 05:01|
Junior CAD Technician|
Job ID: 2016-12499
Area of Interest: EN - Information Management and Graphics
Job Type: Contract
# of Positions: 1
Education (Minimum): Certificate I
Posted Date: 9/19/2016
Experience (Years): 0
Golder Associates Ltd. is looking for a Junior CAD Technician on a contract basis (12 Months), to assist the professional and technical staff working for a major oil & gas client. The position will be based in our Windsor, Ontario office.
* Collaborating with project scientists and engineers to provide a variety of figures using Excel and AutoCAD including:
* Managing workload commitments by following an established workflow and data management process
* Site maps from topographic data and survey field notes
* Key plans, site plans, site design drawings and cross-sections.
* Groundwater flow diagrams, including performing various calculations;
* Preparing various types of borehole logs, using specific logging software.
The preferred candidate will possess the following skills and attributes:
* A technical diploma or industry-recognized training in AutoCAD and other relevant software. Previous work experience is desirable, but not mandatory;
* Knowledge or experience with MS Access or other relational databases, .NET, C# or C+, environmental data management programs such as Equis, AutoCAD Map, Autodesk Civil3D, Raster Design, AutoLisp, and AutoCAD Visual Basic for Applications. are desirable but not mandatory;
* Detail-orientated, with a strong commitment to following a prescribed set of standards and procedures;
* Strong oral and written communication skills; ability to work in a team environment
* Strong organizational and time management skills; able to prioritize and respond to multiple requests;
* Ability to meet tight deadlines and work under pressure.
Regularly ranked as one of the best companies to work for!
Established in 1960, Golder is a global, employee-owned organisation driven by our purpose to engineer earth's development while preserving earth's integrity. From over 165 offices worldwide, our more than 6,500 employees help our clients find sustainable solutions to the challenges society faces today including extraction of finite resources, energy and water supply and management, waste management, urbanisation, and climate change. We do this by providing a wide range of independent consulting, design and construction services to our clients in our specialist areas of earth, environment and energy.