Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||2016-12502||Employer:||Golder Associates||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||Canada||County/State:||California||City:||Sudbury||Address:||Post Date:||12/10/2016 05:01|
Junior Occupational Hygienist|
Job ID: 2016-12502
Area of Interest: EN - EHS, H&S, and Industrial Hygiene (HS)
Job Type: Contract
# of Positions: 1
Education (Minimum): Bachelor Degree
Posted Date: 9/19/2016
Experience (Years): 1
Golder Associates' Sudbury office has an immediate opening for a Junior Occupational Hygienist / Health & Safety Specialist. The Occupational Hygienist will work within our local Mine Safety and Industrial Hygiene Group and more broadly with our regional Environmental Health & Safety Group, comprised of about 35 occupational and industrial hygienists, environmental professionals, and hazardous materials managers.
The successful candidate will work on projects involving industrial/occupational hygiene, hazardous materials management and/or environmental health & safety. The Occupational Hygienist will be involved in a broad range of responsibilities including;
* Providing Project Coordination Services, which will include:
* Assisting the project manager initiate and manage projects from the proposal stage to completion;
* Developing project scopes of work and budgets;
* Preparing proposals;
* Scheduling and supervising resources to ensure projects are progressing efficiently;
* Generating reports and correspondence; and,
* Identifying and rectifying site issues and project concerns.
* Providing Occupational Hygiene Services and Expertise, which will include:
* Conducting hygiene audits and site assessments;
* Conducting ergonomic assessments;
* Conducting hygiene monitoring of noise and biological & chemical substances; and,
* Conducting indoor air quality monitoring and assessments.
* Providing Hazardous Materials Management Expertise, including:
* Conducting building assessments for hazardous materials, including asbestos, lead, and mould;
* Preparing, developing, and tendering remediation specifications for hazardous material removal, including asbestos, lead and mould; and,
* Providing on-site inspection services for hazardous materials abatement and remediation projects, including contractor oversight, air sampling, and reporting.
* Actively participating in and encouraging adherence to our Health and Safety program and industry best practise;
* Conducting training programs;
* Developing and maintaining good working relations with existing and perspective clients;
* Participating in the development and mentoring of professional and technical staff; and,
* Assisting in the development and growth of our location and company.
To be successful in this role, you will have strong interpersonal skills, be an outstanding oral and written communicator, have the ability to think critically and understand the consulting business model.
The following minimum qualifications are necessary for this position:
* Bachelor's Degree in Industrial Hygiene or Occupational Health & Safety, or equivalent Environmental Sciences;
* A minimum of 0-2 years experience as an Occupational/Industrial Hygienist or Environmental Health and Safety Professional;
* Certification as an Industrial or Occupational Hygienist (CIH or ROH) or actively working towards certification;
* Certification as a Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP) or actively working towards certification;
* Knowledge of health and safety management systems;
* In depth knowledge of occupational health and safety legislation;
* Working knowledge of industrial hygiene practices and indoor air quality assessments including maintenance and calibration of field equipment;
* Experience in provided services and/or training in fall arrest, confined spaces and/or hazardous materials management considered as asset;
* Proven ability to participate as part of a team of skilled professionals;
* Demonstrated commitment to execute and deliver the highest quality service;
* The ability to work weekends and evenings as required to meet project commitments; and,
* The ability to travel for extended periods of time (2-4 weeks at a time) and work on a rotational basis outside of local office.
The Sudbury office of Golder, which opened in 1993, is a long established member of the engineering and scientific community. The approximately 100 employees provide consulting services to a broad base of clients primarily in the mining, geotechnical, environmental, laboratory, and hydrogeological fields.
Our Staff Benefit from:
* An option to purchase shares in Golder Associates
* Career and personal development opportunities and support of personal growth
* Employee mentoring program
* Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
Regularly ranked as one of the best companies to work for.
As a global, employee-owned organisation with over 50 years of experience, Golder Associates is driven by our purpose to engineer earth's development while preserving earth's integrity. From more than 160 offices worldwide, our over 6500 employees deliver solutions that help our clients achieve their sustainable development goals by providing a wide range of independent consulting, design and construction services in our specialist areas of earth, environment and energy.
for more information go to NA
No phone calls please. Only those considered will be contacted.