Mechanical Design Engineer - Atlanta, GA|
WSP|PB, an award-winning and innovative multi-disciplinary engineering firm, has an opening for a Mechanical Design Engineer in our Atlanta integrated design office. WSP works closely with architects and owners from around the world on large, complex projects with a focus on sustainability and energy performance of the built environment.
About the Job
Our Engineers work on high quality, high-profile, national and international projects. You will actively participate in the full project cycle, from the design phase through the final construction close-out. WSP| PB offers excellent growth opportunities: Many of our senior leaders started out as young engineers in our firm.
• Design of air distribution systems
• Design of hydronic systems
• Scheduling and selecting major equipment
• Automatic temperature controls system design and specification
• Cooling/heating load calculations
• Construction administration
• Assist with Project Management
• Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering
• 2-4years' experience designing mechanical systems for the built environment. Project experience submitted for consideration should include buildings on which you have actively participated in the project from the design phase through the final construction close-out.
• Experience of the design of HVAC systems and automatic temperature controls for a broad range of commercial systems
• Strong working knowledge of building and energy codes
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with an emphasis on the ability to organize and present design information to clients.
• Special consideration will be given to those candidates who have successfully demonstrated innovative design experience specifically related to renewable energies and sustainable, high performing buildings.