WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff, one of the world's leading engineering and professional services consulting firms, provides services designed to transform the built environment and restore the natural one. The firm's expertise ranges from environmental remediation and urban planning, to engineering iconic buildings and designing sustainable transport networks, to developing the energy sources of the future and enabling new ways of extracting essential resources. Approximately 34,000 employees, including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors, program and construction management professionals, as well as various environmental experts, work for this dynamic organization in more than 500 offices across 40 countries worldwide. NA |
Here is your opportunity to work on the first ever high-speed rail program in the U.S. while growing your career on a groundbreaking project. The California High-Speed Rail program will connect the mega-regions of the state, contribute to economic development and a cleaner environment, create jobs and preserve agricultural and protected lands. By 2029, the system will run from San Francisco to the Los Angeles basin in under three hours at speeds of more than 200 miles per hour. The system will also extend to Sacramento and San Diego, totaling 800 miles with up to 24 stations.
WSP|Parsons Brinckerhoff has a new position available in Sacramento for a Communications & Public Information Specialist. This position will be a key member of a team of communications, marketing and outreach professionals, and will support a variety of communications activities for California High-Speed Rail Authority's Office of Communications. Attention to details, critical review, quality assurance and an ability to work with a diverse group of people is needed. The position will:
• Be a member of, and support the California High-Speed Rail Authority's Office of Communications team.
• Play an essential role in the implementation and delivery of Permission to Enter (PTE) materials. Will be responsible for materials production, quality control, accuracy and timely delivery to meet Authority and legal requirements as well as coordination of PTE materials between state and regional contractors.
• Be responsible for collecting, researching and dispatching information for the public, employees, and contractors. Includes organizing meetings, writing, formatting and distribution of reports, newsletters, fact sheets, stories and profiles, online and social media content, the planning and coordination of these materials as well as records and file management.
• Support and coordinate with the Authority's station planning, regional outreach, environmental and cultural teams' activities, communications and special projects. Will research, develop and write content for communications activities/materials which will include but not be limited to, fact sheets, news releases, online, stories, executive summaries, social media and other distribution channels.
• Support special projects and other activities. This may include planning activity venues and other logistics, as well as working with a diverse team to research and develop information and materials to support special activities and events.
• Support statewide outreach activities which may include attending public meetings, managing public meeting documents and coordinating with public information subcontractors.
• Provide copywriting and proofing a variety of materials and documents and support the quality control processes of communications and promotional materials created both internally and by subcontractors.
• Function as department point of contact for project status updates and task trafficking. And, oversee scheduling and production deadlines to meet internal and external requests.
• Have the ability to work well with the public and interact effectively with all organizational levels, including senior management while meeting deadlines and multi-tasking in a fast-paced and changing environment.
• Have ability to exercise a high level of discretion in handling confidential and sensitive information. And, responsible for organizing, tracking and categorizing digital files of special projects, stories and documents.
• perform other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Planning, Public Affairs/Information, or related field of study.
• At least three years of experience in communications, and or related field, including a minimum of two years of experience and knowledge in developing content for social media and websites.
• Experience in public information and communication for transportation, planning, environmental, design or construction projects.
• The ability to work effectively with teams and demonstrate initiative.
• Superior organizational skills and ability to take ownership of deliverable deadlines.
• Superior English writing and proofing skills.
• Experience writing content for public and/or customer based activities and delivery channels.
• Must have outstanding oral, written and interpersonal communication skills and the ability to deal effectively with all levels within an organization and on a project level.
• Good attention to detail and prior experience with materials production experience.
• Excellent organizational skills and experience coordinating with staff, the public, vendors, sub-contractors and others to meet department and Authority standards.
• Experience with the process and preparations for communications efforts that support larger public programs and or projects.
• Experience with scheduling and priority setting with multiple people including internal/external contacts.
• Adaptability to a changing environment with hard deadlines.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Microsoft office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Publisher) and Adobe Acrobat.
The ability to work in the United States immediately is required, local candidates preferred
• Prior exposure to government-funded services and/or projects.
• Experience with transportation and/or related public services.
• Experience with, and or exposure to a variety of media including online, social media profiles, specialty and broadcast.
EOE / Veteran / Disability / Gender (M-F) / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation