|Job Ref:||31534||Employer:||WSP Group||Country:||Australia||City:||Melbourne||Address:||Post Date:||21/10/2016 05:12|
WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff have combined and are now one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms, bringing together over 34,000 staff in 39 countries. We provide a range of engineering and multidisciplinary consulting services, across a range of industry sectors, with a focus on technical excellence and client service.|
Due to several large project wins and a growth plan we are looking to hire a Senior or Associate Fire Safety Engineer to join our busy office in Melbourne.
• With limited guidance project manage fire engineering projects.
• Assist with the development of fire strategies, client care and general consultancy on large scale projects.
• Ability to negotiate with approval authorities on fire safety designs and proposals.
• Produce with limited guidance fire safety strategy documents to inform and support the chosen building form throughout the design process.
• Identify and with limited support specify appropriate fixed fire protection systems, i.e. automatic fire detection and/or suppression to support fire engineering design solutions.
• With minimal support, carry out and review fire engineering calculations including smoke modelling and evacuation analysis from simple hand calculations to complex 3D computational modelling (previous CFD experience not essential).
• An ability to demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills.
BUSINESS & TEAM FUNCTIONS
• Ability to represent WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff in a professional capacity to clients, professional organisations and approval authorities and, where applicable, identifying any business development opportunities.
• Lead meetings with clients to discuss and understand new project opportunities, and cascade information and involve the design team as required.
• Contributes to the preparation of fee proposals for new projects.
• Identifies amendments to the project scope and ensures opportunities for additional fees are addressed.
• Understands and applies internal quality assurance processes.
• Understands, supports and contributes to the design process and delivery of projects.
• Identifies project risk issues and resourcing concerns and highlights as appropriate.
• Attend conferences and report and present back on proceedings to the whole Fire Engineering team.
• Encourages the training and development of Graduate Engineers and Engineers.
• Problem Solving - Recommends best choice with well defined arguments or reasons.
• A minimum of 5-10 years experience within the fire engineering industry
• Planning & Implementation - Delivers on commitments on time and at the right level of quality.
• Adaptability - Willing to do tasks beyond normal remit when appropriate.
• Judgement & Decision Making - Listens/ refers to other viewpoints prior to making decisions, but knows when to escalate matters.
• Understanding Clients - Displays 'client care' e.g. keeps clients informed, meets commitments, seeks client feedback as appropriate.
• Innovation - Keeps abreast of current technology and legislation within scope of work.
• Commercial Financial & Risk - Shows understanding of commercial risks and escalates issues where required.
• Taking Opportunities - Takes initiative to make things happen within scope of work and displays a sense of drive.
• Communication - Demonstrates behaviour that takes account of feelings, attitudes and perspectives of others.
• Training and Development - Demonstrates a constant desire to grow in terms of skills, knowledge and experience.
• IT - An ability to demonstrate strong general PC skills and software knowledge.
• A degree in fire engineering, building science or equivalent.
• A proven background of experience, working within a fire safety engineering team.
To apply, please send an updated version of your resume to Daniel Yip at NA