WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff, one of the world's leading engineering and professional services consulting firms, provides services designed to transform the built environment and restore the natural one. The firm's expertise ranges from environmental remediation and urban planning, to engineering iconic buildings and designing sustainable transport networks, to developing the energy sources of the future and enabling new ways of extracting essential resources. Approximately 34,000 employees, including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors, program and construction management professionals, as well as various environmental experts, work for this dynamic organization in more than 500 offices across 40 countries worldwide. NA|
The SharePoint Application Developer reports to the Software Development Manager within the Americas IT organization and will be responsible for the design, creation, testing, documentation and support of new and amended SharePoint and .NET custom applications in accordance with agreed development standards in our new Shared Services Facility in Lancaster, PA. Key responsibilities include the design, development, testing, and documentation of complex programs and program modifications from supplied specifications and requirements. This individual will be a key member of the entire SharePoint Development lifecycle process.
• Lead development of standards and practices for SharePoint development including simple browser-created applications leveraging out-of-the-box SharePoint features, SharePoint Designer-created applications, and custom component development in Visual Studio.
• Develop and support multi-tier .NET custom applications/solutions with MS SQL Server/Oracle backend.
• Provide guidance on application design with the ability to resolve complex problems with imaginative solutions.
• Develop and support verification of SharePoint-based solution delivery, including testing processes, tools, and techniques.
• Design, develop, support and debug Microsoft and SharePoint solutions for a large scale, enterprise SharePoint 2010/2013 environment, featuring publishing, collaboration, search and social services.
• Must be flexible to work on several projects at a time, in a global, fast paced, dynamic environment.
WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.
• 5+ years of SharePoint and .NET Development experience
• Proficiency with NA and C# development in an enterprise environment with a high degree of expertise on the SharePoint platform and its web services.
• Previous experience planning, developing, deploying and supporting custom SharePoint 2010/2013 solutions and applications.
• Understand what the "out of the box" and SharePoint Designer 2010/2013 configuration possibilities are for delivering as much of "no code" solutions as possible before turning to custom development with Visual Studio 2010/2012/2013.
• Thorough understanding of Visual Studio 2010/2012/2013 and Team Foundation Server 2010/2012, including feature and solution packaging, source control management and PowerShell deployment.
• Solid understanding of Object-Oriented Analysis and Design, software design patterns and SharePoint Development best practices.
• Excellent communication, presentation and technical writing skills.
• Experience working with all levels of business stakeholders, project managers, and other technical staff using non-technical and technical language as appropriate for the audience.
• Experience working in Agile/SCRUM teams.
• Relational database technologies including Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS), Microsoft SQL Server, Integration Services (SSIS), Transact-SQL (T-SQL), Stored Procedures, Functions, Views, Links, Triggers, and Indexes.
• Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent work experience.