The Adecco Group is looking to grow their onsite team within the Corporate Division of Adecco and have a fantastic opportunity for the position of Health & Safety Co-ordinator.|
You will be responsible for executing a robust Health & Safety strategy and ensuring compliance is met at all times in line with the client's and Adecco's Health & safety procedures.
The role is permanent working 40 hours per week, and will be based at our Client site in Manchester.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Advise Agency Managers on Company procedures and legal requirements as required and escalate issues where appropriate
- Know their own level of competence and not give information outside this level
- Monitor the associates for compliance to Company safety procedures
- Assist with the investigation of accidents, near misses and incidents to establish root cause and develop required action plans with relevant departments
- Update internal records with regards to incidents, near misses and accidents to agency associates
- Collate and produce weekly safety report as required
- Be able to maintain confidentiality in matters involving Safety investigations
- Track absence related to work related incidents and provide information to the local safety team as required
- Meet with the local safety team regularly to exchange information
- Work with the agency managers to ensure that all safety related audits are completed and follow up and report on any misses to the local site
- Ability to carry out safety observations in-line with current safety reporting criteria.
- Enter safety observations into the database and analyse the results.
- Ability to deliver communications to diverse audiences.
- To challenge & coach unsafe practices at all levels
Desired skills / experience:
- Health & Safety experience in a similar role, preferably on a client site
- Attention to detail
- Proven ability to work to targets and deadlines
- Proven ability to quickly learn and effectively adhere to new processes and procedures
- Ability to work under the minimum of supervision
- Flexible and adaptable to meet the needs of the business
- Contributes to a positive team environment
- Drive, enthusiasm and self-motivation
- Superior written and communications skills in both spoken and written English
- Flexibility on hours worked to cover shifts during Peak and ensure investigations are completed
The Adecco Group, based in Zurich, Switzerland, is the world's leading provider of HR solutions. With more than 31,000 FTE employees and around 5,100 branches, in over 60 countries and territories around the world, Adecco Group offers a wide variety of services, connecting more than 650,000 associates with over 100,000 clients every day. Our services include temporary staffing, permanent placement, career transition and talent development, as well as outsourcing and consulting. The Adecco Group is a Fortune Global 500 company.