Morson International are recruiting for an instructional Designer to work for our multinational client in the Somerset area.|
This is a 3 month contract, paying competetive rates.
- CBT/ eLearning
- TNA (Training Needs Analysis)
- Course Design
- DSAT - defence systems approach training
KEY JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES
- To ensure development of effective instructional design as a means of communicating technical data.
Ideally knowledge in the following:
- Ensure deadline adherence to the defined priorities set by the Multimedia and Learning System Manager.
- To design (primary role), prepare, implement (secondary role) and deliver training content on time, to budget within the project specification and standards.
- To produce an effective and innovative design concept that meets our customers' training objectives.
- Gather and analyse technical information in consultation with a subject matter expert, and assess its relevance to a particular training objective.
- Respond quickly to customer needs and demonstrate customer care.
- Understand expectations on product design, implementation and quality.
- Contribute to the overall success of a project.
- Liaison with the Lead Testing Engineer for all CBT products.
- design methodologies and techniques
- Systems Approach to Training (SAT) and modern training systems.
- Training Needs Analysis and Course Design.
- Design of Emulation/Courseware development or related subjects.
- Training or experience in a wide range of diverse training systems in the Emulation/Courseware development
- An understanding of Learning Management Systems (LMS).
- An understanding of the capabilities and limitations of modern development software (e.g. Adobe Flash)
- Have good communications skills on an individual basis.
- Interest in team co-operation internally and externally to the department.
- Desire for Self-Improvement.
- Pride in appearance.
- Dependable and supportive of management initiatives and business drivers.
- Demonstration of respect and integrity to peers.
- The ability to advise less experienced designers in the communication of technical data to cost without compromising quality or training effectiveness.
- To help establish the AW Training Academies as the industry leader in training solutions.
- To support business improvement initiatives across all areas of Customer Support and Training (CS&T).
- Adhere to company operating procedures, functional manuals and project standards.