|Job Ref:||117594GGA||Employer:||Morson International||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||West Sussex||Address:||Post Date:||13/10/2016 20:13|
Our client is the world leader in hazard protection engineering and they are looking for an experienced Machinist to join its state of the art manufacturing facility located in Shoreham-by-Sea, West Sussex. You will manufacture components and work on low volume work.|
This is not a machine minding/operating position and you will have a high level of CNC operating and programming experience.
1. Interpret and understand manufacturing drawings in order to establish material and process requirements.
2. Select appropriate materials and tools for job.
3. Mark out components and set up machinery as required.
4. Operate and set up the radial drill.
5. Operate and set up the manual lathe.
6. Operate, set and program the CNC lathe.
7. Operate and set up the manual mill.
8. Operate, set up and programme the 3 Axis mill.
9. Operate, set up and programme the 4/5 Axis mill.
10. Carry out self-inspections of own work and also inspect the work of other team members.
11. Train other team members as required.
12. Operate within the guidelines of the Company's policies and procedures, IS9001 and internal work instructions.
13. Ensure that all areas, plant and equipment are kept in a clean and safe working condition and that the general area is kept in a clean and tidy state.
14. Comply with the Company's health and safety policy, procedures and processes.
15. Promote the company Values in Action.
Indentured Apprenticeship, City & Guilds or equivalent qualification.
Experience of operating and setting/programming the radial drill, manual lathe, CNC lathe, manual mill, 3 Axis mill and 4/5 axis Experience of low volume work and hands on machining.
Ability to interpret and understand engineering/technical drawings and processes.
Proactive and enthusiastic attitude. - Strong team ethic.
Willingness to adhere to all Health and Safety processes.
Computer literate with knowledge of MS Office.
Experience of using CAD CAM would be an advantage.
Capable of working under minimal supervision (although there will always be 2 team members to meet health and safety requirements).
Hours: 8:00am to 5:00pm