|Job Ref:||EMP373937||Employer:||Matchtech Group plc.||Industry:||Building Services||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||Up to £50,000/year||Post Date:||11/10/2016 21:29|
An established company of Consulting Engineers with over 40 years experience in providing engineering solutions for the construction industry, has a vacancy for a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer with UK building Services Experience|
UK Building Services Experience
The successful Senior Mechanical Design Engineer will be working for a company which over the past 40 years has acquired considerable experience with many types of buildings including offices, business parks, residential, retail, leisure and education. They ensure that they understand the client's requirements and the company seeks to provide cost effective solutions, using innovative ways of applying proven technologies to solve complex problems.
As the Senior Mechanical Design Engineer you will have the following;
• Chartered Engineer or working towards it.
• Experience across different sectors (commercial, hotel, residential, mixed use, student accommodation, care homes, surveys etc). Strong commercial experience.
• Ability to prepare conceptual designs and assist with the preparation of the client brief
• Good level of oral and written communication at all levels internally and externally including good report writing skills.
• Ability to represent the design team at client meetings..
• Ability to give technical presentations to the professional team
• Team management - to take the lead and manage projects internally and externally in respect of deliverables, resources and financials.
• Ability to set targets and monitor workload against deliverables.
• Good understanding of BSRIA BG6 and RIBA stages.
• General understanding of other MEP engineering disciplines.
• Managing site coordination meetings with contractors.
• Project management and client reporting.
• Mentor for Junior staff.
• Lead by example in respect of Health and safety and Quality Assurance
• Business development and general marketing. Build relationships and contacts.
• Involvement with preparing fee proposals, and undertaking pitches and presentations for new work.
• Good interpersonal and influencing skills in order to build working relationships with the client teams internally and externally
• Competent with (as a minimum);
Hevacomp or IES
• A good understanding of Part L, BREEAM, renewable technology etc.
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK