|Job Ref:||EMP375170||Employer:||Matchtech Group plc.||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Havant||Address:||Salary:||Competitive||Post Date:||11/10/2016 21:30|
Our manufacturing client is looking for an NPI Production Engineer to join their growing business.|
Production Engineering and NPI experience
The successful candidate will support and lead projects to improve manufacturing operational efficiency and also to be an active member of NPD teams to ensure that design decisions are conducive to manufacturing operational efficiency and automation.
• Support of Project Managers and their respective project teams to ensure that new products are designed for manufacture, assembly and test.
• Identify and deliver projects that add value to the manufacturing organisation
• Manage the introduction of new products into volume manufacture, liasing with other departments as required during the NPD process.
• Manage the introduction of new products into volume manufacture, liaising with other departments as required during the NPD process.
• Represent Production Engineering in the NPD process. Ensure new products are designed for manufacture and lead development and pilot builds as required.
• Use industry standard techniques to review & develop the manufacturing process, this will include Lean, PFMEA, Control Plans & Process Flow diagrams
• Responsible for manufacturing layout and line design (minimise waste and maximum efficiency).
• Increase the internal awareness of best practice techniques leading training sessions across the business. Run best practice workshops.
• Support sales teams in identifying solutions to customer requirements. Identify cost effective solutions to individual customer requirements.
• Work as part of a multi skilled team providing day to day technical support to all areas of production applying best practice/lean techniques as required.
• Continually evaluate and apply best practice to remove waste and improve quality.
• Responsible for manufacturing layout and line design, Minimise waste and maximise efficiency.
• Increase the internal awareness of best practice techniques especially design for manufacture and design for assembly.
• Work closely with Quality and Supply Chain to ensure that Supplier Investigation Reports will adequately address the root cause.
• Develop knowledge of problem solving methodologies and tools (e.g. TRIZ, 8D, 5 Whys, Affinity Diagrams, etc.) and then cascade that knowledge to others.
• Identify opportunities to gain greater understanding of Design for Lean Six-Sigma and Statistical Process Control.
Skills / Experience /Education
• Degree (or equivalent) qualification in an Engineering discipline.
• Experience in a Production Engineering role.
• Excellent proven people leadership skills and project management experience.
• Electro-mechanical assembly experience
• Experience of applying Lean techniques including 5S, VSM, DFM and kanban within a volume manufacturing environment.
• Experience of successfully introducing automation into a manufacturing environment.
• Ability to read and interpret technical designs, electronic drawings, BoMs, etc.
• Proven track record of delivery in a similar (high volume/low value) manufacturing environment