Your ideas move people . |
At Bombardier, over 70,000 employees on five continents work together to move the world forward, one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we will provide you with an environment where it can grow into a unique product or an exceptional customer experience.
Your ideas are our fuel.
Key Supplier Account Manager
Based in one of the Aerospace plants in the Greater Montreal area, you will report to the Senior Vice President and Chief Procurement Officer (CPO). You will be responsible for managing the overall Bombardier relationship with a specific Key supplier*. You will be required to deliver business performance through focus on all elements for products sourced with this supplier. This includes areas outside of procurement activities such as technical performance, quality, on-time delivery and others. You will have the overview of the entire life-cycle of all products from the assigned supplier and will be accountable for maximizing the value and potential savings opportunities, in line with the global strategy.
* We are looking for candidates to manage Key Suppliers within the following commodities: Propulsion, Mechanical & Electrical Systems, Avionics, Interiors & Structures.
In your role, you will:
- Manage the overall customer interface through the existing structure, develop organisational and cultural understanding between Bombardier's Business Segments and the supplier such that our business relationship deliver value to both throughout the product life cycle whilst maximizing commercial and technical global benefits to Bombardier;
- Map all interfaces between Bombardier and the supplier, and ensure the build-up and application of the "One Voice to the Supplier" vision;
- Establish, with the Business Segments, the strategies for the supplier that fit into the global Bombardier strategy and bring the most value as a whole to Bombardier;
- Develop and overview the implementation of the Procurement strategy to achieve the specified business goals;
- Lead the negotiations with the supplier, covering development programs, production and after sales;
- Guide the network made of all the individuals involved in the relations with the supplier (network);
- Operate a robust, high performing governance with strong internal controls and communication, operating with initiative, discipline, structure and integrity;
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the supplier's view of Bombardier and its competitors to effectively provide market intelligence to the business Segments, anticipate the needs of the supplier and support its evolution in a way that is positive to our needs;
- Responsible for ensuring that risk management and compliance standards are rigorously and consistently applied across all contracts with the supplier;
- Maintain a visibility on the supplier subcontractors to identify and coordinate risks or development opportunities when the supplier is not the ultimate supplier for the Bombardier product;
- Ensure the availability, quality and completeness of supplier information tool (fact-pack) and the progression of supplier global action plans as established with the internal network.
As our ideal candidate, you:
- Have an excellent understanding of all of the Bombardier businesses, technologies, products and processes, and that of its key supplier;
- Have a track record in relationship management, can demonstrate strategic thinking, and have a significant understanding of business development and associated risks, commercial issues, and customer services as well as procurement;
- Are geographically flexible, have a demonstrated appetite to work with diverse cultures, and possess the aptitude to guide in a matrix mode a multi-disciplinary, diverse team using influencial leadership (this role has no direct reports);
- Demonstrate the ability to consult, collaborate with, and influence across all levels including the most senior management both within and outside Bombardier while being able to make decisions;
- Have the knowledge and capacity to understand the basics of the technologies purchased from the supplier as well as their products' lifecycle specifics;
- Are able to work under pressure and tight deadlines.
Bombardier is an equal opportunity employer.
If this position interests you, please apply online at NA .
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those under consideration will be contacted.
File Ref. Number: S-CAN-1001
Posted on September 19, 2016