|Job Ref:||1618453||Employer:||Tyco||Country:||United States||County/State:||Wisconsin||City:||Marinette||Address:||Post Date:||11/10/2016 22:07|
COMPANY OVERVIEW |
Johnson Controls (NYSE: JCI) is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. For additional information, please visit NA or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter.
BUSINESS UNIT OVERVIEW
A segment of Johnson Controls, Tyco Fire Protection Products is a global leader in fire and life safety. We provide fire detection, sprinkler, suppression, special-hazard, and emergency communications solutions to customers in countries spanning six continents. With more than 30 manufacturing facilities worldwide, we provide safety and security for millions of customers around the world every day. Plus, we offer a comprehensive array of testing, inspection, maintenance, and repair services to keep fire and life-safety systems in top working order.
We are looking for a talented Environment Health and Safety intern to join our team in Marinette, WI!
The selected candidate will be responsible for completing various task associated with EHS. Activities include maintaining Lockout/Tag out programs, managing SDS databases, performing routine inspections for storm water, safety, remediation, and waste water. Candidate will work with the EHS lab to gain knowledge of sampling and analytical methods. Candidate will be responsible for organizing and maintaining files as they pertain to EHS.
Roles & Responsibilities
• Tier II reporting and follow up.
• Working in EHS lab.
• Performing inspections for waste, water, and air.
• Analyzing and reporting environmental and safety metrics.
. Support Environmental remediation process.
• Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA.
• Completed sophomore year working towards a BS or completed first year of an MS degree.
• Qualified engineering majors: Environmental
• Knowledge in the fields of Air, water, and waste regulations as they pertain to the state of Wisconsin.
• Knowledge in general safety and OSHA regulations.
• Ability to work with employees in a manufacturing environment.
• Proficient in Microsoft office and ability to work with new software programs.
• Previous business internship/co-op experiences with strong business acumen beneficial (preferable not required)
• Demonstrated leadership experience.
• Assignment starts June 2017, must be able to start within this timing.
ABOUT JCI’S INTERNSHIP/CO-OP PROGRAM
During your assignment with JCI, you may have a variety of developmental opportunities in addition to your work assignments, such as, roundtable discussions with senior leaders to skill-building workshops, networking events, and community activities. No matter what your assignment, you will be presented with exceptional opportunities that help you explore diverse career paths! For more information on our company, a list of other intern/co-op opportunities, or to create a profile you can visit us at NA