PROJECT COMMERCIAL MANAGER |
At Bombardier, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we'll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
Based in Sao Paulo, Brazil you will be responsible to lead the Project Core Team in the management of the commercial, contractual and claim aspects of Customer, Consortium/JV partner and supplier Contract(s). You will be the Commercial Lead of the project and the key contact to our Customers and Partners for all commercial aspects, wherever possible.
You will be responsible to provide the knowledge and tools to follow the contractual obligations and monitors their application in the Project Core Team. Also, you will be responsible to ensure that Bombardier Transportation's rights resulting from contractual changes are properly captured and exercised. You will support and provide guidance to Procurement concerning contractual issues involving Purchase Contracts (e.g. the placement of major Purchase Contracts, supplier non-conformity and variation order requests) and leads the preparation of major claims involving suppliers. And you will be responsible to proactively identify value adding opportunities for both BT and the customer in order to improve the project's scope, delivery schedule, revenues and margin through effective management of the contract and the implementation of a variation order and change management processes.
In your role you will:
- Provide training on the necessary commercial and contractual knowledge and skills to all Project Core Team members enable them performing their scope of work;
- Make sure that obligation owners are assigned in the Project Core Team and that the Project Core Team is constantly aware of the obligations' due dates;
- Ensure that lessons learned & best practices in commercial management are captured and made available for other projects and bids;
- Define and implement, jointly with the Project Manager, the external communication management process for the project ensuring that all communication to and from the customer (and consortium partner) is sent in accordance with the requirements of the contract(s) and BT's guidelines and directives;
- Make sure that all project communication and documentation is centrally stored in accordance with BT's archiving directives and the project communication management process;
- Participate in all Project Core Team, risk and opportunity, change control board and variation order meetings to ensure early identification of commercial risks and opportunities;
- Take ownership of all commercial and contractual risks and opportunities;
- Develop mitigation actions to manage commercial risks and develop enhancement actions to deliver opportunities;
- Ensure with the Project Change Manager contractual changes involving the customer, consortium partner, and supplier are properly notified in accordance with the contract and the BT Change Management process (e.g. issuance of notification/ variation order);
- Lead the management of Claims in accordance with the Claim Management process by devising effecting Claim preparation and negotiation strategies;
- In close co-operation with Contracts & Legal, support and provide guidance to Procurement concerning the placement of all major Purchase Contracts to ensure back-to-back coverage with customer contract is achieved or proper mitigation actions are put in place for any remaining gaps;
- Support the ongoing commercial management of the Purchase Contracts once placed (e.g. supplier non-conformity and variation order requests);
- Establish and implement, jointly with the Project Manager, the Project Commercial strategy towards the Customer, Consortium Partner/Joint Venture partners and Key Suppliers.
As our ideal candidate, you possess:
Additional Information: For this position, you will have to travel occasionally.
- Preferably a degree in either Engineering, Law, Quantity Surveying or Business or a combination of these;
- Or a tertiary qualification and commercial / operational experience but post graduate commercial qualifications are well regarded;
- Typically minimum 8 years of experience in relevant role;
- Working experience either in Contracts & Legal, Engineering, Project Management, Procurement, Bids or Sales;
- Experience in working in a multicultural environment (e.g. working in international teams, international projects etc);
- Work on several projects and/ or bids;
- Proven track record in commercial management in a complex business environment, ideally in similar business areas (e.g. railways, construction, oil & gas, technology, energy);
- Excellent Spanish and English communication skills (spoken and written).
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Join us at NA
Your ideas move people.