|Job Ref:||1618455||Employer:||Tyco||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Country:||United States||County/State:||Rhode Island||City:||Cranston||Address:||Post Date:||11/10/2016 22:11|
COMPANY OVERVIEW |
Johnson Controls (NYSE: JCI) is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. For additional information, please visit NA or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter.
BUSINESS UNIT OVERVIEW
A segment of Johnson Controls, Tyco Fire Protection Products is a global leader in fire and life safety. We provide fire detection, sprinkler, suppression, special-hazard, and emergency communications solutions to customers in countries spanning six continents. With more than 30 manufacturing facilities worldwide, we provide safety and security for millions of customers around the world every day. Plus, we offer a comprehensive array of testing, inspection, maintenance, and repair services to keep fire and life-safety systems in top working order.
The Tyco Engineering Development Program (EDP) is a two -year program designed to help top engineering talent develop their technical skills through two rotational assignments across the engineering organization. During each assignment, EDP engineers participate in technical, leadership and on-the-job training. Participants will also be involved with projects and initiatives that directly impact our strategic operations and business growth. This position requires the ability to relocate for assignment rotation.
The Innovation and New Ventures organization in Cranston is looking for talented Engineers to participate in our Engineering Development Program. The primary responsibilities of this individual will be to support research, design, and testing for our projects. The individual will apply mechanical and fire protection engineering fundamentals to address challenges involving the integration of fire detection systems, fire suppression systems, and new and emerging technologies to provide innovative solutions for challenging fire and life safety problems.
• Assists in planning and conducting experimental test programs (including fire testing); compiling and analyzing operational, test, and research data; and performing analytical, empirical, and numerical analyses.
• Assists in the release of basic engineering changes, deviations, and DFMEA's.
• Collects test results and assist more senior engineers to prepare technical reports of findings and recommendations.
• Edits existing mechanical and/or electrical parts or assemblies, with guidance from more senior engineers.
• Formulates basic mathematical models or other methods of computer analysis to develop, evaluate, or modify design, according to customer engineering requirements.
• Operates MCAD software by following common design procedures and work standards, with guidance from more senior engineers
• Preliminary understanding of how to apply fluid mechanics, thermodynamic, and heat transfer principles and theory to solve complex fire protection engineering problems.
• Talented Seniors pursuing BS degree in Mechanical or Fire Protection Engineering.
• Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA.
• Basic understanding of how to apply fluid mechanics, thermodynamic, and heat transfer principles and theory to solve complex mechanical design and/or fire protection engineering problems.
• Basic understanding of general fire protection and life safety codes and standards
• Basic understanding and proficiency with mechanical assembly and fabrication tools (mills, lathes, rapid prototyping machines, etc.)
• Basic understanding of electrical engineering concepts, including Ohms law.
• Strong problem solving skills.
• Practical computer/network basic knowledge and proficient in Microsoft Office and Excel.
• Organized & detailed oriented with Good verbal and written communication.
• Hands-on contributor and team player.
• Self-motivated and drives for results.
If you can help us to answer the big IoT questions and create ground-breaking systems that make lives safer and better, we can provide a massive platform for your ideas. If you are interested in making more of your talents, pioneering game changing innovations, and building a smarter future we invite you to visit your career center to submit your resume for consideration.
ABOUT JCI’S CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
During your assignment with JCI, you may have a variety of developmental opportunities in addition to your work assignments, such as, roundtable discussions with senior leaders to skill-building workshops, networking events, and community activities. No matter what your assignment, you will be presented with exceptional opportunities that help you explore diverse career paths! For more information on our company, a list of other career opportunities, or to create a profile you can visit us at NA