|Job Ref:||1618466||Employer:||Tyco||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Lancashire||City:||Lancashire||Address:||Post Code:||BB5||Post Date:||11/10/2016 22:08|
JOB TITLE: Scotland Territory Sales Manager|
Reports To: Regional Manager – UK & Eire
This position is responsible for the profitable promotion of Scott Safety capabilities in the specified region of the UK. Integral to this role will be the development and building of relationships with the existing distribution base in the territory specified as well as potential new channel partners.
Achieve territory revenue and margin target through the sales to key distribution and to implement an effective calling and administrative structure that delivers the sales growth expectation of the territory. Ensure that territory strategies are in line with corporate objectives including ethical conduct guidelines.
Work closely with existing and successfully identify opportunities with key end users in the region. Be able to competently promote and specify the Scott Safety product range, with key stakeholders to a technical level.
To work closely with the UK sales teams, customer service and training functions inside Scott Safety, and distributors/service centre’s and communicate fully territory activity and outcomes.
The position require the ability of travelling throughout the territory to visit existing and potential customers, end users, distributors, exhibitions.
Competencies & Skills
• Ethics & Values
• Customer Focused
• Action Oriented
• Drive for results
• Strategic agility
Responsible for implementing and driving TSP’s core initiatives:
• Commercial excellence
• Business simplification initiatives
• Leverage technology to provide leading edge products
Required Job Skills
• Detailed knowledge of personal protective equipment market requirements and closely aligned markets.
• Proven ability to communicate at all levels both externally and internally.
• Proven ability to work within the personal protective equipment market Sector customer network and to create and maintain effective networks.
Measurement of Performance: (examples below)
• Budget/Financial Performance
• Service Responsiveness, quality and customer satisfaction
• Ability to implement against obstacles
• On-time delivery of services
• Periodic reports
• Maintain and develop existing and new customers relationships and on own initiative, presenting appropriate propositions and ethical sales methods, and relevant internal liaison, to optimise quality of service, business growth, and customer satisfaction.
• Plan and prioritize personal sales activities and customer/prospect contact towards achieving agreed business aims, including costs and sales - especially managing personal time and productivity.
• Plan and manage business portfolio according to an agreed market development strategy.
• Support development of a sales and market information database utilizing NA
• Respond to and follow up sales enquiries using appropriate methods.
• Be able to competently give product demonstrations, training, tool box talks or any other required presentations
• Monitor and report on market and competitor activities and provide relevant reports and information.
• Communicate, liaise, and negotiate internally and externally using appropriate methods to facilitate the development of profitable business and sustainable relationships.
• To maintain product and demonstration skills knowledge, as required for the position.
• Participate on sales meetings and exhibitions in and outside of the Territory.
• Adhere to health and safety policy, and other requirements relating to care of colleagues, customers and equipment.
• Represent Scott Safety on local industry and regulatory groups such as Safety Groups UK and local ARCA meetings.
Supervisory and Staff Relationships:
• Regional Manager UK & Eire
• UK Sales Team
• Customer Service Co-ordinator
• Work closely with all other members of the business
Education & Experience:
Bachelor's degree (B.A/NA.) from college or university or equivalent; and proven related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience of working within the PPE sector, is of particular importance.
Job Description Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Although no job description can adequately detail the full scope of duties necessary, the requirements listed above are a representation of the levels of knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable an individual with disabilities to perform these activities.