Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. For additional information, please visit NA or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter.
Responsible for planning, implementing and managing the activities of the Commercial installation & Service work force for a designated district.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plans, implements and manages the activities of the installation and service work force and ensures familiarity and training of product installation and service skills.
- Formulates a sound business plan to provide cost efficient accordance with established plan share targets. Works with Area General Manager to meet profitability goals.
- Conducts meetings on a monthly/quarterly basis. Communicates current installation and service policies and procedures, techniques.
- Assists sales force by developing low installation costs and suggesting proper and varied applications of systems.
- Ensures consistency of field installation and service activities.
- Establishes and maintains a high level of quality and timely installation/service to customers for maximum retention.
- Develops and maintains an effective installation/service work force through recruiting, hiring, training, motivating and coaching techniques.
- Tracks and records daily/monthly/quarterly installation/service activity to include individual installers' efforts and results.
- Acts as the champion for all environmental health and safety activities for the Service/Install work group.
- Four-year degree or equivalent related experience.
- 1 to 3 years progressive management experience with a high volume, high impact operation.
- Background should include the ability to successfully handle multiple challenges, prioritize responsibilities, and effectively lead a large staff.
- Solid business skills.
- Must be conceptually oriented with the ability to think and act strategically.
- Proven management skills with the ability to train, develop, and motivate.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills in a Microsoft Office environment