Quality Control Inspector is responsible for the performance of all quality functions and duties as related to the construction of both piping and structural fabrication within Aecon Fabrication SBU. The position reports to the Quality Control Supervisor.|
- Perform inspection on pressure boundary and non-pressure boundary components, assemblies and structural fabrications in accordance with the applicable code of construction and/or customer specifications. Such inspections shall include but not be limited to:
- Dimensional inspections
- Review of Material Test Reports
- Receiving inspection
- Weld Visual inspection
- Magnetic particle inspection
- Liquid penetrant inspection
- Hardness testing
- Inspection for Ferrite content
- Positive material identification
- Material thickness verification or "D" Meter.
- Pressure Test Inspection
- Paint Coating Inspection
- Follow and maintain Inspection and Test Plans or Travelers.
- Perform internal weld monitoring as required.
- Perform Source Inspections, In-Process Inspections and Final Inspections
- Complete all associated documentation; Quality Control reports, sign-off on drawings, create as-built drawings, etc.
- Calibration of measuring and test equipment.
Required Knowledge & Skills
- Graduate secondary school education in welding technology, QA/QC or a related discipline at the University or College level or a minimum of 3 year work experience in QA/QC role.
- NDE Certification: C.G.S.B. Level II in Magnetic Particle Examination and Liquid Penetrant Examination would be an asset.
- W178 Level I Visual Weld inspection or II Visual Weld Inspection
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Computer literate in MS Office
- B&PV Code ASME Section 1, B31.1, B31.3 & Section VIII Div. 1 experience would be an asset.
- Experience with Nuclear, ASME Code Section III experience would be an asset.
- Experience with structural codes - CSA W59 and structural welding-CWB.
Duration of Contract
Compensation & Benefits Overview
Aecon offers the opportunity to work on challenging, high profile projects and provides competitive compensation and benefits.
Aecon is an equal opportunity employer.
Aecon accommodates. Upon request, Aecon accommodates candidates with disabilities throughout the hiring process.