What is the purpose of this role?
To lead or fulfil a managing role within a design team to ensure:
- Compliance with all relevant technical standards;
- Delivery of all the specified project outcomes on time, within budget and to the quality required;
- Guidance is provided for less experienced staff and professional development and training is actively pursued.
What makes this role unique?
You will ensure that good relationships with all external parties are maintained to enhance the reputation of the company and the delivery of projects to the customer.
What will this role involve?
- Develop designs in accordance with the Clientâ€™s requirements and relevant design standards to achieve cost effective solutions
- Assist in the development and supervision of project team members
- Assist with competency appraisal processes subject to suitable level of supervision
- Represent the business stream in multi-disciplinary project teams
- Assist in the preparation and monitoring of the budget for projects including the planning, monitoring and reporting of project resources and finances
- Prepare and check of feasibility studies, appraisal / assessment reports and other written documents
- Development of engineering solutions and presentation of engineering options
- Prepare and check of assessment, calculations, design calculations and structural analysis
- Produce and check design concepts, design details, drawings specifications and other technical documents
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with the Client and other relevant stakeholders
- Complete performance appraisals with direct reports and provide learning and development opportunities where possible
What are we looking for?
- Chartered Engineer (CEng + MICE, CMIHT or MIStructE)
- Computer literate and thoroughly conversant with MS office suite and relevant engineering software packages
- Post-qualification experience in highways
- Good experience of the co-ordination of the design process and team management
- Good communication skills dealing with clients, project partners, supply chain, elected representatives and the public
- Client focused approach to service delivery
- Environmental awareness Tool Box talk
- IOSH managing safely