Job Overview |
The Controller will be the recognized owner of all accounting, policy issues and financial information requirements for the French Sales office. The Controller maintains an adequate internal control environment and has a strong relationship with the business.
The Financial Controller is the focal point in managing key accounting and controlling activities for HDS France liaising closely with the sales organization, Financial Shared Service Centre (SSC) in Poland, European HQ, external auditors and other departments as required
The Controller will ensure timeliness, completeness, accuracy and integrity of the statutory and US GAAP (IFRS in the near future) accounts of HDS France SAS.
Job Responsibilities with daily percentage of time spent
- Provide leadership to the Accounting Department based in the Shared Service Centre in Krakow Poland.
- Address non-performance issues in a structured, fair and timely matter
- Provide accurate, timely management reporting for Hitachi Data Systems including;
- Consolidated monthly management accounts, in US GAAP (IFRS in the near future).
- Consolidate accounts for all French GAAP statutory reporting
- Provide analysis of result to assist Management in their understanding of business performance against Budget.
- Ensure the accuracy and integrity of financial returns, records and reconciliations
- Development, imple-men-tation and communication of finance policies with supporting documentation
- Cost Control including set-up of a solid cost center reporting
- Manage the monthly, quarterly and yearly US GAAP close incl. cost control and B/S review
- Filing Statutory Accounts & fiscal returns (Corporate and trade Tax) in line with local requirements
- Ensure that all operations meet the reporting and accounting requirements specified by HDS EMEA plus those of Hitachi Data Systems Corporation. Carry out reviews / internal audits to ensure compliance.
- Assist Finance Manager of HDS France Sales office with back-office support
- Liaise with external auditors to ensure an effective and efficient audit and understand all issues.
- Understand overall financial systems / processes and impacts of any proposed changes / development, working closely with the Global Logistics Process Owner(s).
- Manage the statutory audit of HDS France
- Responsible to maximize Cash generation / forecasting & B/S reconciliations / optimization
Report Production: 10%
Compliance and Accounting: 50%
Risk Management: 20%
Ah-Hoc questions and issues: 20%
Interacts with (functions and levels of individuals)
- Southern Region Finance Director
- EMEA Sr. Tax Manager
- EMEA Director Region Controller, including direct reports
- SSC, VP level and below
- Country Finance Leaders
- Global Logistics
- Internal Audit
- External audit for group and statutory reporting
Primary Qualifications Required
- Undergrad or graduate degree in Accounting
- 5 years of experience in sales driven technology business
- Working knowledge of Oracle R12, Excel and Hyperion
- Organizational skills, international focus
- Pragmatic team player, accurate detail oriented with a hands on mentality
- Strong communication, influencing and negotiating skills
- Ability to work under pressure and achieve deadlines
- Able to work with different cultures across different functions and geographies
- Ability to effectively interface and communicate with multiple varied internal/external groups/organizations
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills