Talent Insights Analyst |
In the past ten years, the field of People Analytics has grown from virtual nonexistence to being a top priority for nearly every Chief HR Officer and Business Executive across the country. Every company wants their employees to be inspired and engaged (or at least we do!), and every company wants to increase the performance of their employees. In the past, HR organizations have pursued these goals backed by research findings from scientists, anecdotal evidence from other successful companies, and gut feel. While each of these tools is still used today, what's new is that we also have the ability to conduct analysis on our own data and find insights that had previously been buried. While it's helpful to know that an approach worked at XYZ Company, wouldn't it be more valuable to learn if it also applies to us?
As the Talent Insights Analyst, you will join our unique team in transforming data into powerful business insights necessary to help our organization thrive in a time a great transformation within technology and social innovation.
Key responsibilities in this client-facing role include conducting custom analyses, preparing client presentations, providing data mining to CFHR Executives and Leaders, as well as responding to analytics requests. You will become an expert at using our own data analytics system-known as PANDA (People Analytics DAta)-to turn our data into compelling stories that help our employees and company become more successful. For your understanding, PANDA currently utilizes a SQL Server database combined with Pentaho Data Integration and Business Analysis functionality.
- Who are our best new hires? What is different about them that we can identify pre-hire? How can we use this information to increase the quality of future hires?
- Who are our most successful sales reps? What are they doing differently? How can we use this information to increase revenue?
- Who are our highest-performing most engaged teams? What are they doing differently? How can we use this information to improve all teams?
- When organizational changes are made, how do they affect engagement and expected attrition? How can we use this knowledge to enhance the effectiveness of future change?
- Leverage our PANDA database, as well as other data sources, to create innovative tools, insights, narratives, and presentations to address business challenges
- Utilize Pentaho, Excel and PowerPoint to analyze the data and discover relevant business insights
- Collaborate closely with IT and other insights team members to provide analysis, reporting and tool-building capabilities that inform our key stakeholders
- Drive consistency across the multiple data repositories and our continuously growing PANDA data structure
- Generate and share ideas for continuous improvement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, place of origin, ethnic origin, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, mental or physical disability, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable national, state, or local law.
- BA/BS with a quantitative/analytics focus or equivalent analytics experience, or equivalent experience in analytics or consulting in a role that requires communicating research/analytics findings clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences at all levels of the company
- Proven analytical and problem solving abilities
- Enthusiasm for hard work and daily challenges; we are often solving new problems where the data are far from perfect
- Expert knowledge of MS Office (Word, PowerPoint and Excel), data transformation, aggregate analysis, charts/graphs, etc.
- Being an independent "self-starter" who's able to take charge of the role, scope/commence projects, initiate reviews, and project manage requests with minimal direction
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, writing, presentation, statistical and data analysis skills
- Experience with projects and working across various teams
- Senior Director, Integration and Governance & HRIS
- High level of interaction with the Data Architect, PANDA
- IGO/HRIS/PANDA team
- Close collaboration with the data owners, such as the Total Rewards Team, and the Client Facing HR leadership team for the context and insight development iterations
About our company, Hitachi Data Systems (HDS) helps organizations transform raw data into valuable information by making data more accessible and simpler to manage. HDS provides customers innovative cloud or premise-based data storage, processing, protection, and analytics capabilities to meet their growing data and insights needs.