Hourly Rate Bands Up to £7.20 Salaried/Hourly-Paid Hourly-Paid |
We are currently recruiting a Catering Service Assistant to ensure the efficient operation of the catering service in accordance with the standard of food service and quality set within the contract. Based in London, SW1A.
You must be fully flexible to work 40 hours per week on a rota based shift.
- To ensure that all food is presented to customers in a professional manner in compliance with statuary guidelines and regulations
- To maintain strict portion control, ensuring that all produce used within the catering service is of the highest quality
- To assist with the preparation and production of menu items and hospitality as required
- To undertake cashier duties in line with standing financial procedures including till reconciliation, as required
- To ensure the highest standards of cleanliness are maintained in the catering department in line with current legislation and contractual requirements
- To prevent wastage and damage to foodstuffs and equipment within the catering department
- To participate in any training or meetings required to undertake the duties of this post
- To prepare and store food items in accordance with company procedures and legislative
- To deliver and collect hospitality as directed
- To maintain accurate records as required by best practise, company procedures and current legislation
- Operation of catering equipment in accordance with training
- Demonstrate a clear and effective alignment with the operational objectives and the commercial interests of IFM
- To maintain the highest standard of personal hygiene in line with Interserve's Hygiene Code of Practise
- Be aware of the business continuity plan for the part of the business you work in
What we are looking for
- NVQ level 1 qualificiation or Equivalent
- Current Hygiene Certificate
- Previous cash handling experience
- Good Literate and Numerate skills
- Ability to follow instructions methodically
- Able to work without supervision
- Good verbal communication skills
- The post holder is required to comply with the Company's Health & Safety strategy, policy and procedure to ensure a safe and healthy environment for staff members, visitors, patients, contractors and others
- The postholder must comply with the designated levels of responsibility as detailed within the IFM Ltd
- Role may require post holder to work in temperatures below 8 degrees centigrade or above 20 degrees centigrade dependant on departmental assignation
- Previous experience in a similar role would be desirable .
About the company
Interserve's vision is to redefine the future for people and places. We are one of the world's foremost support services and construction companies, operating in the public and private sectors in the UK and internationally. We offer advice, design, construction, equipment, facilities management and front-line public services. Interserve is based in the UK and is listed in the FTSE 250 index. We have gross revenue of £3.1 billion and a workforce of over 75,000 people worldwide. We are committed to equal opportunities for all.