|Job Ref:||DE01098SHE||Employer:||Interserve||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Yorkshire||City:||Sheffield||Address:||Post Code:||S1||Post Date:||13/10/2016 00:06|
Hourly Rate Bands N/A Salaried/Hourly-Paid Hourly-Paid |
About the role
Interserve Healthcare is a leading care provider who puts care at the heart of everything we do. We support a range of clients varying in age and care requirements which can include mental health, learning disabilities, physical disabilities and clients with more complex clinical needs. We are currently recruiting for dedicated Mental Health Care Assistants to provide care and support to our clients in the Sheffield area.
As a Mental Health Care Assistant in this role duties will vary dependent on each clients individual care plan. These may include personal care, assistance with moving and handling, support with community outings and medication administration.
Rates of pay range from £8.00 to £11.00 per hour.
We are looking for Mental Healthcare Assistants with the following knowledge and skills:
• 6 months previous care experience
• Awareness and understanding of emotionally unstable personality disorder
• Ability to provide support to our client when distressed and exhibiting challenging behaviours.
• An understanding of effective communication
• Awareness of boundary crossing and maintaining a consistent approach in forming adult/adult relationships
• Know when to seek and utilise PRN medication if required due to distress related to mental health issues
• Awareness and understanding of Learning disability diagnosis
• Good interaction skills with service users with complex needs, demonstrating an ability to communicate effectively
• An ability to develop a therapeutic relationship with service users
• An ability to support service users on frequent outings to meet individual needs, i.e. shopping other activities in community
• An ability to risk manage situations as required and take appropriate action/ support
• Physical health awareness
We are seeking caring, compassionate, dedicated, supportive Mental Health Care Assistants with the ability to listen be patient with a sense of humor. You should be committed to providing individual personalised care, able to work with others as well as having the ability to work alone and seek support when required.
About the Company
Interserve Healthcare delivers specialist healthcare services to clients in their own homes and in healthcare establishments throughout the UK. We recruit Nurses, Healthcare Assistants and Support Workers on a national basis to deliver outstanding care and support to our ever-growing client base.
What we can offer you:
• Weekly pay plus holiday pay
• On-going 24/7 support from the Senior Nurse Team
• Refer a friend bonus scheme
• First refusal to other care opportunities
• Members loyalty scheme
Interserve Healthcare is an Investors in Diversity accredited company & committed to equal opportunities for all (Agy).
For further information on the vacancy please call the Sheffield branch directly on NA.