|Job Ref:||00015800||Employer:||Oxy||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United States||County/State:||Texas||City:||Deer Park||Address:||Post Date:||12/10/2016 01:01|
Contribute. Grow. Lead...with OxyChem. Looking for a challenge? Desire to achieve your true potential? OxyChem is a growing,action-oriented, safety driven chemical manufacturing company continually striving to be the best in the business while staying focused on environmental protection. The secret to our success has and will continue to be our people. |
Occidental Chemical Corporation (OxyChem) is a leading North American manufacturer of polyvinyl chloride (PVC) resins, chlorine and caustic soda - key building blocks for a variety of indispensable products such as plastics, pharmaceuticals and water treatment chemicals. Other OxyChem products include caustic potash, chlorinated organics, sodium silicates, chlorinated isocyanurates and calcium chloride. For every product it makes, OxyChem's market position is No. 1 or No. 2 in the U.S.
In a fast-paced industry that demands precision, we create a supportive workplace where the safety and well-being of our employees are paramount. We are committed to rewarding top performers, offering very competitive pay and benefits, and providing tremendous career development opportunities. We are looking for an experienced and self-motivated individual to fill the position of Technical Manager at our chemical manufacturing facility located in Deer Park, Texas.
Essential Job Duties:
• Maintain protection of the environment and the health and safety of our employees, customers, and the communities in which we operate and or transport our products, as our highest priority.
• Ensure that Process Safety and Risk Management principles are incorporated into the foundation of department operations. Ensure annual departmental goals and objectives include meaningful Process Safety activities for all levels of the organization.
• Provide leadership for the development and implementation of cost saving projects (fixed, variable and marginal income).
• Manage all available technical resources (internal and external) to ensure timely and cost-effective achievement of VCM priorities.
• Provide work direction for process engineers, process control specialist and mechanical engineers.
• Assure compliance to PSM (MOC's, PSSR's, Procedures, Audits, etc).
• Maintain or develop technical knowledge and skills of all team members at "state of the art".
• Assist operations personnel in troubleshooting process upsets and operation problems.
• Lead the efforts in the utilization of the DCS control system. Develop and drive the implementation of a forward plan through strategic automation to improve the plant's overall safety, environmental, reliability and cost performance.
• Recommend, maintain and engineer modifications to DCS and microprocessor system hardware and software. Configure and troubleshoot the site's DCS and other microprocessor based control systems.
• Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering with a minimum of 10 years in a manufacturing or technical function in the chemical industry.
• High proficiency in Microsoft applications (such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) and a good working knowledge of SAP.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to read, write and speak in English.
• Must be able to respond to off hour emergencies.
• Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to work as part of a team.
• Ability to work weekends, holidays and respond to callouts on a non-routine basis.
• Physical requirements - must be able to lift 40 lbs., climb ladders and stairs. Walking, bending, stooping is required. Must be able to wear personal protective equipment including the use of a respirator. Must be able to respond to visual and audible alarms.
Additional Desired Qualifications:
• Supervisory experience
• Familiarity with DCS and programmable logic controllers; preferably experience with Honeywell TDC3000 and Triconex.
Oxy is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Individual with Disability/Veteran Status