|Job Ref:||00016053||Employer:||Oxy||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United States||County/State:||Texas||City:||Midland||Address:||Post Date:||12/10/2016 01:01|
Occidental Petroleum Corporation (NYSE: OXY) is an international oil and gas exploration and production company, and its OxyChem subsidiary is a major North American chemical manufacturer. We are one of the largest U.S. oil and gas companies, based on equity market capitalization, with more than 40,000 employees and contractors worldwide. |
Our greatest asset has been and will continue to be our people. We are looking for an experienced and motivated individual to fill the position of SCADA Engineer within our IT Industrial Control Service Delivery department based in Midland, TX or Sundown, TX.
- Deliver services to provide high availability of SCADA systems to our customers within defined SLAs.
- Design and implementation of SCADA system graphics, control and alarm annunciation for tank batteries, pump stations, compressor stations, automated test facilities and wells while adhering to automation standard guidelines.
- Coordination of SCADA system service delivery (troubleshooting, development, upgrades and training) with operations and other automation groups.
- Contribute to the documentation of Standards and Best Practices for development of graphics control for production operations.
- Assist with testing and evaluation of new technologies for SCADA systems.
- Understand the facilities process and design in order to facilitate accurate graphical representation.
- Insure accurate and timely tracking of work request and incidents. *LI-YN1
- 4 year technical degree or equivalent working experience.
- Demonstrable expert knowledge of oil and gas systems.
- 5 years of experience with automations systems and or IT systems.
- 2 years of experience in the oil and gas industry.
- A strong background in HMI (Human Machine Interface) development.
- An in-depth understanding of SCADA (Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition).
- OPC (OLE for Process Control) experience.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and to lead other team members.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to perform under pressure.
- Computer Skills (indicate proficiency level required for Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, etc. in addition to other non-Microsoft Office software).
- Experience in process control and instrumentation for gas plant, oilfield or similar operations.
- PLC (Programmable Logic Controller) experience.
- Iconics and or Cygnet HMI experience.
- An understanding of server class hardware and operating systems.
- Strong Leadership and Mentoring skills.
Oxy is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Individual with Disability/Veteran Status