Purpose of Role
The management of design on a single project (£10M+) or working as part of a team of design managers on a large project, The role will be primarily during the work winning stages of a project and in the early stages of the construction period up until the main consultant design has been completed. Knowledge of the design process; construction and understanding of various forms of contract.
Ensure every project completes a monthly design report and consultant KPI analysis. Assist the PDM/SDM to ensure that all Projects have a completed/ reviewed/ unambiguous Contractors proposals, updated with bid negotiations. Manage all aspects of the Design at bid / tender stage (RIBA A – C/D) including the selection and appointment of the design team, and manage the Consultant design at pre/post contract(RIBA D/E) stage for procurement of s/c designed works and non s/c designed works. (RIBA E/F), Manage the design development using the business “design to cost” principles Assist the PDM/SDM to ensure all projects have a robust and completed set of appointments. Ensure each project has a realistic design programme which is fully coordinated with the procurement and construction programmes. Coordinate reviews by the project team on all aspects of the design to ensure they are within budget, fully coordinated, buildable, compliant and delivered to programme. Manage Design risk register and update on a monthly basis. Manage regular H&S in design reviews
Additional Role Information
- To create/support/deliver the BIM Strategy/Execution/Implementation plan on the project
- Follow/engage and improve company/client/Government standards and procedures relating to BIM and integrate into information management within the Project to deliver a successful BIM project
- Co-ordinate and support the full project Supply Chain with integrating BIM processes in to daily activities
- Identify areas for development in new technology and identify strengths and weaknesses in emerging technology which can be adopted by the project to increase efficiencies
- Build a good relationship with IT Shared Services for any IT technology issues
- Responsible for developing BIM strategy, working closely with key bid team members and in particular the Design Integration Manager, to support strategic themes
- Responsible for the development of proposals that meet the excellent evaluation criteria
- When projects are awarded the person will lead the Digital Project Delivery Implementation on the schemes and develop a team of Coordinators and Technicians to deliver the schemes to the clients Employers Information Requirements and our BIM Execution Plan’s
Qualifications & Experience
Graduate (or qualified by experience) with an understanding of BIM within a business. Experience of working collaboratively in either a consultant or contractor environment. Customer centric approach and have the ability to support the delivery of strategic project initiatives. Min HNC and relevant CSCS Card.
An understanding of the latest industry guidelines for BIM project delivery such as BS1192 and PAS1192 documentation. As well as any other industry Standard guidelines when they are available. Understanding of Design, Construction, Surveying and Asset Management
Must be an experienced 3D modeller, preferably using Bentley products for this scheme. With a demonstrable track record of delivering a high quality product to tight deadlines. It is preferable to have experience using appropriate software to create construction simulations (4D) and presentation quality graphics and animations. Ideally the experience in the implementation of the use of mobile technology but not essential.
Good Project Management and communication skills are required, coupled with an ability to form effective relationships with the project team, supply chain partners and clients under time pressure. Desire to continuously pursue innovation and development, with a focus on the customer and the Major Projects business. Proficiency in IT, numeracy and good written communication skills is a requirement.