|Job Ref:||204275438||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Derbyshire||City:||High Peak||Address:||Post Code:||SK23||Post Date:||10/10/2016 18:51|
Derbyshire (Peak District)
My client is a reputable plastics manufacturer. They are continually investing in new machinery and processes, and are looking for an experienced engineer to join their maintenance team.
- Breakdown and preventative maintenance across 2 sites.
- Undertake all repairs and servicing to the highest standard in accordance with work requests and predetermined specifications.
- Overhaul, upkeep and repair of all plant and machines, which will include working on;
- Machine PLC, Roto mould machines, Lifting hoists, Electrical hand tools, Tooling and Fixtures
- Installation and movement of new machines and equipment.
- Fabrication of tool carriers to suit specific plant and machinery for production use.
- Repair and modification to any tooling that can be completed using on site skills and equipment.
- Assist with new product introduction and set up, including sampling.
- Review and advice on engineering requirements and drawings for machinery and equipment.
- Actively promote safe working practices on the use of machines and equipment.
- Work with and co-ordinate contractors.
- Effective communication at all times; keep management and all relevant parties aware and seek advice and assistance when required.
- Proven mechanical maintenance skills
- Welding & fabrication, in particular machinery & tooling modifications
- Formal qualifications in relevant trade (mechanical, welding, fabrication, fitting etc.)
- Electrical experience / qualifications would be helpful, as would PLC knowledge (oven control, motion control, time control, guarding interaction).
- Experience of plastics manufacturing or rotational moulding would be a distinct advantage
NOTE: Applicants must be able to fabricate & weld; making guards for the machines, sub-frames, stillages & racks - at times the job can be up to 30% welding & fabrication