|Job Ref:||204630182||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Oxfordshire||City:||Banbury||Address:||Post Code:||OX16||Post Date:||10/10/2016 18:52|
Prodrive Advanced Technology (AT) operates across a wide range of industries including automotive, defence, marine and renewable energy. We specialise in the design, development and integration of electromechanical control systems, and mechanical system architectures for vehicles and other applications.|
Applications range from high performance supercars and ultra-luxury passenger vehicles to the very latest in electric vehicle technology and government funded research programmes.
We operate from problem identification, root cause or requirement, into concept definition and sign off, all the way through to production release. Within these phases we deploy concept design, then detailed design including manufacturing considerations.
We are looking for a Senior or Principal Control Engineer to join our advanced technology business. In this position the work carried out will include the design of control systems, both from a 'clean sheet of paper' as well as the development of existing systems. This will involve interfacing with electronic hardware and vehicle component systems engineers.
Development of control systems for the purpose of controlling automotive dynamic systems (e.g. engine management, gearbox, conventional drive-train control, hybrid electric drive-trains and vehicle dynamics)
Technical tasks would include:
* computer simulation
* control system specification (including sensor & actuator selection, and electrical interfacing)
* vehicle commissioning,
* control strategy development & implementation,
* calibration development.
Project requirements would include:
* workload planning and organisation
* liaising with other Prodrive departments and clients.
* Degree in engineering, mechanical, mechatronics or similar
* Previous experience in Control Engineering
Experience in some of the following areas is required :
* Knowledge of control systems and simulation techniques
* Understanding of calibration and mechatronics
* Knowledge of MATLAB and Simulink
* Knowledge of embedded software development using 'C' / C++
* Knowledge of embedded software development using assembler
* Experience of programming and scripting languages
* Experience of real-time programming
* Programming in the MS Windows environment
* A knowledge of typical automotive control systems. e.g. engine management / ABS / clutch / gearbox / chassis systems / hybrid electric vehicles
* An interest in / knowledge of automotive engineering
* •A practical approach to solving real-world problems