|Job Ref:||204663977||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hertfordshire||City:||Hertfordshire||Address:||Post Code:||WD5||Salary:||£40000 - £55000/annum||Post Date:||10/10/2016 18:52|
Job title: Adoptions Manager / Highways Engineer |
Salary: £50,000- £60,000 + Package + Benefits
Job Type: Permanent
Our client is one of the leading tier 1 residential developers with an established national presence and have a reputation of delivering high quality homes for over 80 years. In one of their best performing regions in the country, they are actively seeking and Adoptions Manager / Highways Engineer to join the Technical team based in their offices in Hertfordshire.
* To assist internal Engineers and design consultants with Road and Sewer designs and negotiations with Local Authorities / Water Authorities to achieve Technical Approval and complete adoption Legal Agreements
* Monitor adoptable works on site during construction to ensure accordance with designs and all necessary inspections are completed.
* Prior to new sites finishing, work with the Production Department to ensure completion of the adoption works and a timely issue of a maintenance certificate for both roads and sewers
* Undertake joint inspections with highway authorities, water companies and other adopting bodies to establish the extent of any remedial works required to enable timely adoption.
* Maintain the regional adoption schedule.
* To continuously review existing bond liability and identify and manage areas where bonds can be reduced or cancelled
* Prepare and review annual cost plans/cash flow projections for adoption works
* Maintain and manage the completed estates / legacy sites report in conjunction with external consultants for reporting to the Regional Management Team.
* Appoint and Manage external consultants on larger / complex schemes to resolve legacy issues and / or complete adoptions
* Seek quotations for highway, drainage, M&E, street lighting and landscaping remedial works using approved Contractors
* Tender comparison and analysis of contractor proposals for remedial / adoption works in conjunction with the commercial team as necessary.
* Ensure that grounds maintenance contracts are in place for relevant completed estates and that they are reviewed regularly and are ceased at the appropriate time when such time adoption takes place.
* Understand and report on any legal implications and impediments which prevent the adoption of sewers, roads and public open spaces.
* Rationalise and manage the legacy sites information database to allow easy access for the customer service team and technical team.
Education, experience and essential:
* The individual must have a strong technical background and be familiar with the adoptions process.
* An organised, methodical and accurate approach to all tasks with close attention to detail and accurate reporting
* The ability to work as part of a team and to communicate clearly and effectively at all levels with internal staff and local and service authorities etc.
* Competent computer skills
* Working knowledge of estate roads design, sewer design, construction and inspection.
* Must be an effective manager to deliver results from external consultants and contractors.
Working for my client is a career defining opportunity that will give you the exposure and experience to working for an organisation that can deliver projects in excess of 1000+ unit schemes.
If you are interested to discuss this opportunity in more detail or apply for the position you contact Peter Alleyne on (Apply online only) or alternatively send your CV here