|Job Ref:||204664021||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Isle Of Wight||City:||Isle of Wight||Address:||Post Code:||PO35||Salary:||£50000 - £70000/annum package and benefits||Post Date:||10/10/2016 18:53|
1 Senior Site Manager | Freelance / Perm | £11m New Build Supermarket | Isle of Wight|
£50k - £70k range (Negotiable for right individuals) + package and benefits
This renowned building contractor based in the South East has a turnover of approximately £180m per annum and specialises in retail, commercial and student accommodation.
Through successful project delivery and continued customer focus, they still get a lot of repeat business and have a reputation for quality.
The have an immediate requirement for a standalone Senior Site Manager to work on a £11m New build and Fit out Supermarket Project.
Reports to: Project Manager and Associate Director/Director
Responsible for: Trade Package Managers, Year Outs and trainees, H&S, Enviro. dept.
Works closely with: Project Manager, Cost Manager, Design Manager
Overall management of the construction process, including the on-site construction and cost team, and delivery of the project within construction, programme, phasing and H&S parameters
On offer for the above position is a competitive salary, Car (or allowance), Pension Scheme 5 weeks Holidays plus Bank Holidays, laptop, phone and insurance.
* Construction Management - control of site activities
* Manage, control and plan all site work pre and post construction, from inception to completion or sectional delivery of aspects of a project, to client requirements and satisfaction.
* Deliver the project on time, on spec and on budget
* Arrange and manage with PM site set up and site logistics including layout, welfare, site signage (legal and directional/informational) and IT
* Develop a Construction phase plan, fire plan, enviro and H&S files. Monitor and update regularly as required
* Manage site temps (power, water etc.)
* Manage and control phasing and programming
* Liaise with local authorities as required
* Carry out pre commencement meetings/Inductions/Toolbox talks, Work and H&S inspections/DTMs/Site Audits
* Work with PM to develop phasing and programming and issue out to internal and external project team
* Initiate, monitor snagging process and produce snagging report
* Manage PC and handover
* Risk management
* Quality Control
* Site presentation
* Develop and maintain a delivery schedule
Health and Safety
* Responsible for implementing the company's H&S policy at site level and providing a safe working environment
* Responsible for the checking and managing of sub-contractor risk assessment and method statements
* Set up emergency procedures
* Responsible for handover files - O&M and H&S
* Promote a safe culture by setting a good, professional example at all time
* Manage all environmental requirements and monitor the Enviro champion on site if not yourself.
* Responsible for ensuring all Environmental procedures are followed
Monitoring and Reporting
* Completion of site diary, weekly reports and other reporting requirements
* All paperwork and documents to be managed in accordance with QMS
* Collate all reports from Trade Package Managers and report to PM and others as necessary.
* Chair post tender, start up and progress meetings, and ensure minutes and information are distributed and uploaded to shared drive as required.
* Constant liaising with sub-contractors via meetings both formal and informal including weekly Foreman's meetings, and distribute and upload information and minutes as necessary
* Ensure weekly checklists are completed and reported
* Manage the flow of site information and record via paper or electronic files as required
* Daily/Nightly Activity briefings
* Liaise with cost manager regarding monthly applications from sub-contractors
* Advise on commercial matters
* Avoid additional site costs by understanding cost implications of decisions and delays
* Work to develop initiatives and ways of working that minimise financial outlay
* Understand the company's contracts and contractual obligations
* On site client liaison to foster and develop relationship
* Promote the company's Vision and Values throughout all working practices
* Ensure repeat business by delivering a high quality project
* Promote all the company's standards and policies for example CCS, EMS and QMS
* Delegation, management and leadership of the onsite team.
* Monitor progress of all team members. Liaise with HR as necessary regarding any issues, training requirements, personnel development etc.
* Undertake any PDPs as required and mentor and train those with less experience
* Identify and help rectify any resource issues
* Challenge, encourage and support team members to progress towards and achieve their professional development goals
* Share best practice throughout the company
* Sign off holidays, timesheets and expenses in a timely manner
* Support team activities outside of the work environment.
Skills and Qualities
* Effective communication
* Pro active
* People management/development
* Effective decision making
* Keeps professional accreditations and industry knowledge up to date with best and new/emerging practice and technologies
* Ability to motivate
* Self-motivating and self-managing
* Flexibility regarding work location
* IT inc. outlook, word and excel
* People management
The company is a great business to work for. They are laid back in their approach yet massively proud of their work. Staff is not micro managed and they are not massively into internal reporting for the sake of creating paperwork.
To apply for this Senior Site Manager Role please email an updated CV or call me on NA