|Job Ref:||204664412||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Birmingham||Address:||Post Code:||B12||Salary:||£60000 - £70000/annum||Post Date:||10/10/2016 18:53|
Our client is an international construction services company delivering construction, fit out, engineering services and a range of specialist solutions. |
As part of the company's growth plans, we are currently seeking a Senior Estimator to cover Birmingham and the surrounding areas. Applications from commercially focused individuals with proven experience with a main contractor and an understanding of the operations which impact a business will be welcomed. This is a critical role within the team, as well as a challenging and highly satisfying position, playing a key part in the success of a project.
The successful candidate will be capable of understanding the requirements of a construction organisation whilst holding excellent organisations capabilities, team leadership skills, the ability to articulate costs and an understanding of business needs.
To be responsible for pricing tender opportunities by implementing estimating strategies on each bid whilst managing the estimating process and procedures in bidding.
The successful candidate will:
• Work with the Bid Manager to lead the bid process to ensure that tender deliverables are produced in a timely and effective manner.
• Lead the Estimating Team, including managing the workload and allocation of estimating resource within assigned Bid Teams.
• Undertake the role of Estimator on projects, where required.
• Oversee and / or interrogate design options and 'value' solutions, and if appropriate, identify the attractiveness of a project based on sound estimating principles.
• Review customer's drawings and specifications to prepare accurate costing sheets for materials, labour and equipment.
• Ensure compliance with all in-house procedures, including pre-construction gate process.
• Review tender documents and submission requirements, ensuring all financial information is identified and provided and accurate compliant design proposals are included.
• Establish and agree key plant rates.
Who we're looking for:
• Previous experience of managing the process of estimating projects, within the construction industry is required along with a valid CSCS card.
• Membership of a relevant professional body and / or relevant professional qualification is desirable, such as RICS / CIOB / RIBA / ICE / CIBSE.
• Working knowledge of best practice solutions and optimisation of innovative ideas and an understanding of the principles of Lean Construction and 5D cost planning is desirable.
• An understanding of BIM and how to read and assemble BIM models and produce appropriate reports from them is desirable.
• Good working knowledge of pricing and quantification methods is required.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills are required, coupled with an ability to form effective relationships with partners under time pressure. Experience of leading a team is desirable.
• Able to be a strong team player, as well as work on their own initiative