|Job Ref:||204664805||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Lancashire||City:||Lancashire||Address:||Post Code:||BB5||Salary:||£42000 - £55000/annum +Package - Negotiable on Experienc||Post Date:||10/10/2016 18:54|
National Civil Contractor who have a large presence within the North West are currently looking for a Senior General Forman/ Works Manager for a multi-million pound project in the Northern Lancashire region. This project is a heavy civil and infrastructure project that will be on going through to 2019.
It is vital that you have worked on a variety of projects within the infrastructure environment including: Structures, Utilities and Ground Works, while also coming from a skilled trade's background
Privately owned civil engineering company that turn over £500m+ annually have dramatically grown over the last 5 years and have won major frameworks across the UK. The markets they work in are: Rail, Water, Highways, Marine & Utilities
Reporting to the Project Manager the Senior General Foreman will be in charge of planning and supervising the day to day site activities, while also ensuring that the work is carried out in compliance with health and safety procedure. He/she will be able to determine and have the ability to procure (labour, plant, equipment and subcontract requirements) while also assigning responsibilities for roles and tasks necessary for the works to be completed.
• Ensure high standards of safety and environmental protection are
consistently maintained on site
• Be the lead for the construction works and represent the business on site
• Oversee and establish close working relationships with the supply chain
and direct resources
• Carry out Tool Box Talks and Start of Shift Briefings
• Input to and monitoring of the agreed programme and budget
• Maintain site records including daily diary, plant and labour returns, ITPs,
• Provide construction input to the design of the project to add value
• Carry out other relevant duties as required of the position
• Organise and supervise the works to ensure the highest standards of
health, safety and environmental issues are maintained.
• Plan and assist Site Agents in determining best approach to works, advising
on subcontractor/specialists strengths and concerns.
• Be fully conversant with subcontractor/specialists contract conditions and
• Ability to review programme on a daily basis and assist the Site Agents in
• Record resources and monitor outputs against programme.
• Keep a full and accurate daily site diary, including any changes / variations,
specialist attendance, and records of work related discussions with the
• Full adherence to policies and procedures.
• Where self-delivering, control and manage outputs and work procedures
ensuring works are maintained to a high standard and on programme.
• Overall supervisory responsibility for the subcontractors, specialists and
direct workforce (through the team of Foremen and Front Line
• Liaison with both internal and external stakeholders; specifically included
the Operator's staff.
• Relevant CSCS Card or equivalent. (General Foreman)
• First Aid
• Confined Space Training CP1 or CP2 (not essential)
• Cat and Genny Training (not essential)
• Understanding of Engineering Principles
• Technical knowledge of construction techniques and best practices.
• Computer competence (MS Word, Excel, Document control system).
• Training in Health & Safety and Environmental Management (IOSH for
• Commercially aware
• Recognised experience in main disciplines associated with these works
• Good understanding of engineering principles
• Experience of managing and co-ordinating a small team of direct reports
(Foremen/Section Foremen/Front Line Supervisors)