|Job Ref:||204664817||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hampshire||City:||Portsmouth||Address:||Post Code:||PO2||Salary:||£40000 - £50000/annum||Post Date:||10/10/2016 18:54|
Role: Quantity Surveyor / Senior Quantity Surveyor|
Salary: £40000 - £50000 + Company Car / Car Allowance + Health, Pens & Benefits
Openside Networks are currently working with a tier 1 main contractor based in Portsmouth who are looking for an experienced Quantity Surveyor / Senior Quantity Surveyor to join their very successful and growing organization on a large refurbishment / maintenance contract.
What you will be doing:
• Price, negotiate and agree costs and budgets for a project and project variances.
• Ensure that subcontracts are placed in a timely, accurate and efficient manner
• Provide commercial assurance of project margin performance through accurate forecasting and identification of issues giving rise to commercial risk
• Management of commercial performance; cashflow, margin management (commercial value creation) and commercial risk on allocated projects
• Support the Site / Project Manager in the management of the Contract (including managing warranties), creating commercial value
• Prepare, and in conjunction with senior management agree final account with client`s representative.
• Agree final accounts with subcontractors to maximise project margins.
Ensure sub contract orders are prepared in accordance with company procedure with reference to the date given on the procurement schedules and / or in accordance with the contract programme having achieved the appropriate approvals.
• Maintain control of sub contractor`s accounts and minimise the cost of any variations.
What we are looking for:
An experienced Quantity Surveyor with experience working on complex refurbishment / maintenance style projects, ideally within a main contractor environment. Ideally you would have been exposed to multiple forms of contracts such has NEC and JCT. You will be a people's person who is able to work well within a team and be able to communicate at all levels of an organization.
What is in it for you:
Our client is offering an excellent and stable working environment. They have a proven track record of offering excellent career progression and will also support in your obtaining a professional membership should this be something you would be interested in. They are also offering an excellent financial package which includes a great basic, fully expensed company car or car allowance, private health, pension and many other fantastic benefits