|Job Ref:||204665969||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||City of London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£NEG||Post Date:||10/10/2016 18:54|
Document Controller - High Quality Interior Fit-Out & Refurbishments|
Perm - £35k - £37k
Are you looking for a new challenge?
Would you be interested in supporting 5-6 projects at once?
My client who has been around for over 20 years, that applies its expertise, craft and passion to the refurbishment of some of London's most impressive and important residential buildings are on the lookout for a Document Controller.
You will have the challenge to be based on 5-6 projects at one time, using various systems from 4Projects, Viewpoint to Sharepoint. You must be happy with travelling around Central London to assist the project teams.
* Help manage the information distribution involved in procurement using the document control system.
* Maintenance of accurate records of all drawings and other construction documents issued by consultants and contractors through each stage of the project.
* Process a large number of documents daily, including a thorough QA check, printing and review/ distribution, and electronic forwarding to create an accurate and comprehensive audit trail.
* Ensure that an effective internal review loop is maintained so that all documents are properly reviewed by the Project Team.
* Ensure that every drawing or other design document is received by the relevant trades and consultants; this involves being a final point check on any distribution marked by the Project Manager or Construction Manager.
* To log, distribute promptly and keep updated various instructions from consultants, clients, project managers etc.
* To label, log, store and process all sample approvals.
* Establish and maintain a Request for Information system, providing reports to the Project Team as necessary.
* Communicate to the Project Team the abilities of the document control system and provide training, technical and procedural support for all users.
* Liaise with consultants/contractors to ensure that all parties are working to the correct drawings and other design documents, and to ensure that all parties are issuing documents correctly.
Experience and Knowledge
* Advanced knowledge of Document Control - 4Projects, Viewpoint & Sharepoint
* Knowledge of the construction industry processes
* Attention to detail and accuracy
* Advanced knowledge of Word, Excel
* Good organisational skills
* A 'can-do' attitude
On offer is to join a company that will offer great training and development.
If you are interested in hearing more about this position please contact Paige Wooding at Borne Resourcing