|Job Ref:||204666549||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Yorkshire||City:||Bierley||Address:||Post Code:||BD4||Salary:||£40000 - £50000/annum dependent on experience||Post Date:||10/10/2016 18:55|
We are recruiting for our client based in Bradford for an Estimator.|
To be successful in this role you must have experience dealing with tenders from start to finish and at least 5 years Main Contractor experience.
The ideal candidate will be proficient in the use of Conquest, however training will be given. You must have a strong knowledge of Health and Safety and Environmental safety requirements. A construction industry qualification preferred such as HNC/D of Honours Degree along with a full UK driving license.
You will be required to support site and operation teams in delivering the aims of the business, this will include overseeing a select number of projects with the support from a senior estimator and operations/ Business Unit Director. You will assist the contracts team to achieve programmes and the project development department with the goals of the business.
Pre Tender stage - Decision to Bid
• Assist the Project Development and Commercial Manager is assessing potential tender opportunities, and provide feedback to be considered as part of the company's Decision to Bid Process.
• Ensure that all tender opportunities are logged in estimating workload tracker and tender register, and ensure the trackers are up to date.
• Develop new leads and opportunities for the business when possible.
Costing/ Tender Stage
• Along with other key stakeholders assess tender documentation and feedback key information on relation to contract type, specific terms and any specific risk
• Attend initial Bid Team Meeting/ Discussion with key stakeholders in relation to the bid.
• Visit project sites (national locations) if necessary.
• Prepare, collate, submit and manage tender RFIs
• Establish strong lines of communication with tendering subcontractors. Regular contract to be made with all tendering subcontractors to ensure willingness to bid, all enquiries are received and all queries issued are addressed.
• Cost works to be delivered through rates built up with labour, plant and materials, consultation with the key stakeholders should take place to assess the labour requirements.
• Highlight any project specific risk throughout the tender process be they commercial, health and safety related, programme related or otherwise
Post Tender Stage
• Liaise with client/ clients agent to acquire feedback on tender submission
• Assist with preparation of presentation for post tender interview/ pre-order meeting if/ as necessary.
• Attend post tender interview/ pre-order meeting if required.
• Complete any actions highlighted during post tender interview/ pre-order meeting.
• Continue to track tender on estimating workload tracker and tender register.
• Ensure that all/ any additional commercial documents are filed in an appropriate manner.
• Complete tender handover to project delivery team.
Based in Bradford office, guide salary £40-50k dependant on experience