|Job Ref:||204666639||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Essex||City:||Essex||Address:||Post Code:||SS14||Salary:||£65000 - £75000/annum||Post Date:||10/10/2016 18:56|
Job title: Senior Quantity Surveyor |
Salary: £65,000 - £75,000 + Package + Benefits + Bonus
Job Type: Permanent
We are currently representing one of the fastest growing market leaders in the residential development sector. Over the past 15 years the business has grown a strong reputation for its high quality units and the capability of delivering schemes in excess of 2,500 homes in a single project. Due to planning permission being award for a major luxury housing scheme, they are currently seeking a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join the establish team and manage this exciting up and coming developments based in Essex.
* To supervise, manage and advise on the Financial and Contractual Aspects of multiple construction project across the division.
* Attends design team meetings and development meetings when appropriate and also main contract pre-start and subcontract package review meetings.
* Liaises with Development Surveyors to establish requirements for pre-contract expenditure and strategic procurement.
* Receive initial tender information and prepare and update procurement programmes.
* Agrees selection of suitable Subcontractors for works packages. Approves the competency of Subcontractors for inclusion on the Subcontractor's Approved List. Maintains and reviews the Approved List of Subcontractors in accordance with the Departmental procedures.
* Prepares Subcontract tender documentation, analyses tender returns and makes recommendations on subcontractor selection.
* Attends subcontract pre-order meetings and agrees any post tender variations and matters affecting tender sum.
* Prepares and monitors subcontract documentation and warranties for eventual engrossment by parties to the contract.
* Prepare and agree initial preliminaries costings with Construction Director and monitors expenditure.
* Liaise with contract buyer to determine allowances within budget for the direct procurement of materials and monitor material purchasing costs and incorporate in contract financial reports.
* Attends site meetings, project team meetings and subcontract meetings during currency of contract.
* Prepares and submits notices and applications for Client / Agent for Extension of Time claims.
Education, experience and essential:
* Ideally the successful candidate will ideally have experience within residential development be it working for a leading house builder or alternatively a main contractor who has carried out volume build residential schemes.
* Wide knowledge of Construction Industry processes and procedures.
* Understanding of methods of measurement, standard forms of contract and reporting procedures, preparation of contractual claims.
* Ability to be a leader to the young Surveyors and provide a positive example to best practice.
For further details on the position or you would like to apply, contact me on (Apply online only) or apply here online. This is the type of opportunity you wouldn't want to miss out on so apply today