|Job Ref:||204666777||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Birmingham||Address:||Post Code:||B12||Salary:||£50000 - £60000/annum Car or Allowance||Post Date:||10/10/2016 18:56|
Design Manager (Main Contractor) |
£50,000 - £60,000 + Car or Allowance + Pension + Healthcare + Bonus
Are you a Design Manager with experience managing Design & Build projects for a principal contractor? Do you experience managing complex projects from £10m - £25m as the lead Design Manager?
A innovative and growing company in the West Midlands region are now seeking to recruit a Design Manager They are looking for you to make positive impact on the business and influence the success of future schemes; their order book is completely full for the next 24 months so there is no shortage of exciting and complex projects to get your teeth into. Recent project wins include a mix of design and build, refurbishment and traditional contracts ranging from £15m - £22m.
Over the last 10 years they have won a number of awards for innovation and project delivery; they have a strong network of blue-chip clients and have a proven track record in the public sector. They can offer the opportunity to work on a variety of prestigious schemes across a number of sectors coupled with stability and internal/external training and structured development. The initial project is a complex design and build project worth £20m. More details on the project can be provided upon request.
The real selling point is that the projects are all based in the West Midlands region; they are keen to ensure that you would never travel over an hour to work - they are currently on site with education projects, commercial and industrial projects in Birmingham, Solihull, Walsall and Coventry.
Duties will include:
* Identify design requirements for the bid from the clients brief
* Deliver the correct design by realising the design opportunities and mitigating the risks to ensure bid winning solutions or projects can be delivered
* Appointment of the Design Team
* Design Programme
* Develop innovative design solutions to clients briefs with input from the professional team and subcontractors
* Develop relationships with clients during early concept stages; manage expectations of the project through regular communication and discussions regarding requirements and specifications;
* Value Engineering
* Review of the Design with respect to mitigating H&S issues prior to construction
* Management of the Design on Site
* Control the Design Change Process Management
* Chair Design Team Meetings - Internal and External
* Develop and Maintain Excellent Customer Relations
This contractor can offer stability and guaranteed work into 2017; they have a full order-book and a number of ongoing partnership agreements which consist of various design and build, new build and refurbishment projects ensuring a varied workload.
In return for your commitment you will benefit from working for a leading organisation that offer unrivalled opportunities for career development and a remuneration package that consists of a basic salary influenced by experience, car or allowance, pension and healthcare.
If you feel that you have the relevant experience to be successful in this position and would like to find out more please call James Koper on (Apply online only).
All applications will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence