|Job Ref:||204667179||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||Croydon||Address:||Post Code:||CR0||Salary:||£50000 - £60000/annum plus package||Post Date:||10/10/2016 18:56|
Project Manager required for this contractor, for refurbishment and fitting out of commercial office and industrial projects, based in the south of London, Basingstoke and Croydon areas, no need to be office based.|
This contractor specialises in the refurbishment and fitting out of commercial office and industrial units throughout London and the South East of England. Their projects range from the design and fitting out of small city centre offices to the full design and fit out of the internals of a large industrial unit. Whatever the scope of work involved, they are fully committed to producing practical solutions that exceed their client's expectations. They take full responsibility for the project, from inception to handover, delivering on time and within budget.
This company has a turnover of £8M on the contractor fit out side, and also a £2M in design fit out. They have 13 employees, with excellent offices, near Liver pool Street Station.
They have great staff retention
A family laid back autonomous atmosphere
A very sociable office
Good clients with repeat business
Huge room for progression
This role is responsible for running projects and ensuring that work is carried out to specification and time scale before being approved by the client or site agent. The post holder will communicate with clients, site agents and sub-contractors over progress, problems or ambiguities in order to ensure that agreement is reached between all parties.
- Manage projects, liasing with the client and sub-contractors to ensure that work is carried out to specification and time scale;
- Prioritise different elements of the project as necessary;
- Ensure the project is managed in line with the construction plans and that monitoring and evaluation reporting, including RAMS, are in place and adhered to;
- Monitor resource budgets;
- Liaise with colleagues in the office to keep them informed of progress including issues as they arise;
- Use systems to accurately record relevant information.
- Proven experience of project management, working on projects on-site valued at between £50k - £700k
- Demonstrable ability to understand construction phase plans and risk and method statements (RAMS)
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to interact with people at all levels both on site and on client side
- Ability to prioritise workload, meet deadlines and make decisions under pressure
- Proven experience of managing sub-contractors on site
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Flexible approach and commitment to working as part of a team.
- Significant experience of using Microsoft Project and Excel
- Must have completed Site Management (SMSTS), First Aid at Work and Asbestos Awareness training
- Must hold a CSCS card
- A relevant qualification, eg an NVQ in a related field would be beneficial
- Hold a current driving licence and have their own car
Salary is a guideline could improve with knowledge and experience
Lap top will be provided as this role will require working from home some of the time.
5% Pension after 6 months
Holiday 21 days + 3 days at Christmas
Expenses paid for work related costs
Bonus scheme (The last 2 years we have paid 15% of salary ) this will be subject to meeting targets
Most of the projects will be south of London Basingstoke - Croydon areas