|Job Ref:||204667315||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£250 - £300/day + Dependent on exp||Post Date:||10/10/2016 18:56|
Fantastic opportunity for a freelance/contract Senior Construction Project Manager with experience managing challenging refurbishment and interior fit-out projects in Central / West London locations.|
The project is a retail / commercial refurbishment with a value of £3.5 million and involves extensive brickwork and construction of an additional roof and alterations.
As a Project Manager you will be site based running all aspects of the project. Working closely with the Operations Director you will have the ultimate responsibility for the successful delivery of any said project to be completed on time, within budget and finished to the highest standard. Projects will be implemented within the required Health, Safety, Quality and Environmental parameters. The Project Manager should ideally be degree qualified with a minimum of 10 years' experience at project management level. The successful candidate must have a strong commercial awareness and the ability to deal with the complete financial and programme planning elements of each project. He / She must possess excellent interpersonal skills whilst demonstrating good site based knowledge and experience on a broad range of projects in the construction sector. The role will require a proven track record involving planning and co-ordination of sub-contractors and supply chain coupled with solid people management skills.
Principle Duties & Accountabilities
* The Project Manager will function autonomously and jointly with the Operations Director. He /She must routinely make management decisions pertaining to project issues with minimal supervision throughout the life of the project.
* Must be able to demonstrate strong Commercial awareness and Cost Control ability with a proven track record in the area of construction planning.
* Must be technically competent with the ability to set and track project milestones and deliverables.
* Must function effectively as liaison between my clients and external project partners so as to protect the Company and the specific project, to resolve issues or concerns in conjunction with the Board of Directors.
* Instruct, coach and direct the project staff with respect to construction, contractual, and regulatory requirements with responsibility for assigned work.
* Responsibility for the delivery of the job on time, within specification and on budget
* Ensure all personnel on site conduct their duties to the highest standards.
* Manage day to day operational duties.
* Demonstrates continuous efforts to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service.
* Develop and deliver progress reports, analyse results and troubleshoot problem areas
* Build, grow and develop business relationships for the success of the project
* Provide feedback and record information from the project for 'lessons learnt seminars' and for continuous staff development.
* An Engineering / Construction Management / Project Management Degree is ideally required or where appropriate - extensive relevant industry experience.
* Minimum 10 years' refurbishment experience, preferably in a Main Contractor capacity.
* Knowledge of Steel Frame construction projects.
* Management experience required - preferably at Senior Level.
* Thorough knowledge of computer and database applications such as Windows, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Microsoft Project / Powerproject etc.
* Thorough understanding of the construction industry and broad understanding of regulatory requirements.
* Excellent ability to analyse and interpret contractual documents.
* Proven excellent analytical and organisational skills.
* Flexibility and ability to adapt to a changing work environment are essential.
In2 Resourcing are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. For a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity call Russell Brown on (Apply online only) or email
Skills: Construction Project Manager, Senior Site Manager, Fit-out Project Manager, Construction Manager, Steel Frame Construction, Refurbishment, London, West London, South East, Project Manager jobs