|Job Ref:||204667464||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Post Date:||10/10/2016 18:56|
Our client is a multi-disciplinary Practice of professional Chartered Surveyors and Construction Consultants, providing expert advice within the industry. They provide bespoke, innovative and deliverable solutions, with a personalised and flexible approach to each client's individual problems and deliver expert advice through a reliable, innovative and professional service. They are currently looking for an experienced Clerk of Works to join their team based in London.|
With this company you'll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. As part of a successful, growing Company you will be encouraged to perform at your best, work independently and as part of a team.
This is a full time role with a competitive salary and package available.
Responsibilities of Clerk of Works:
• Pre-project preparations:
• Study the contract drawings and schedules, and information produced by consultants and specialists
• Study the programme for issue of further information
• Study bills of quantities and/or specifications
• Study the Health and Safety Plan for the project
• Study relevant British Standards and Approved Codes of Conduct
• Establish lines of communication with the project Employer's Agent, Quantity Surveyor, architect, the contractor's site supervisory/project manager
• Clarify with the Employer's Agent the standards to be met under the contract
• If requested, advise on materials, construction details, samples etc.
• Assemble the record documents supplied for use on site and clarify how they are expected to be used
• Make arrangements for obtaining weather information
• Other duties should include but not be limited to:
• Carrying out weekly inspections of the works on site
• Comparing completed works with drawings and specifications to ensure they are consistent or that variations have been through correct approvals processes
• Check that works proceed according to the programme
• Resolving issues as to the interpretation of agreed drawings and specifications
• Measuring and sampling building materials to ensure they meet all quality standards
• Identifying defects, providing options for correcting then and facilitating and keeping record of any negotiations and contract variations subsequently required
• Monitoring and reporting on progress to client, Employer's Agent and construction managers
• Keep a diary of events, a register of drawings and file of instruction received, with relevant observations
• Monitor the application of specified techniques
• Check day works record sheets and record any wastage
• Attend site meetings/record the delays and reasons
• Liaising with other construction staff, such as contractors, sub-contractors, engineers, surveyors and local Building Control Officers
• Take the photographs regularly and systematically, ensuring they are date-endorsed and countersigned.
A member of the Institute of Clerk of Works or equivalent or at least 10 years practical on site experience.
Eligible to join the private medical insurance scheme.
Eligible to join the Group Personal Pension Plan.
Cycle to Work Scheme
Company Sick Pay Scheme
If you would like to apply for the role of Clerk of Works please apply below with your CV along with a covering letter and we will be in touch shortly.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status