|Job Ref:||204667360||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£45000 - £55000/annum benefits package||Post Date:||10/10/2016 18:56|
Senior Quantity Surveyor - Contractor - London|
Salary: £45,000 - £55,000 + Benefits
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join a mid-sized, successful, market-leading Environmental contractor in the commercial sector. Our client has offices in London and Birmingham, and is looking to expand. You will join a growing team in the commercial sector working on projects for a wide range of reputable 'blue chip' companies, both nationally and internationally.
The main Contractor offers a wide selection of services, including remediation of heavy metal, hydrocarbon and asbestos, ground re-engineering, marine restoration and environmental protection.
Recent projects have included:
* The waste treatment of a large UK harbour
* Eradicating Japanese knotweed at a major site
* Diversion of a river
* Ground re-engineering for the development of residential housing, and
* The remediation of high levels of cyanide on a large former industrial site.
In this role as a senior quantity surveyor, you will be required to advise on commercial interests with clients, lead the financial management of large projects, be responsible for reviewing and managing contracts, negotiate on behalf of the client's interests, and liaise directly with the directors of the company.
As a Senior Quantity Surveyor, your key duties will include:
* Performing ongoing cost analysis, cost forecasting, and risk and value management
* Preparing and manage sub-contracts
* Visiting sites and liaise and negotiate with clients and sub-contractors
* Preparing monthly financial reports for the board of directors
To be a successful in this Senior Quantity Surveyor position, you will ideally:
* Have around 3-5 years of experience as a Quantity Surveyor, preferably with some experience with earthworks or remediation
* Have experience with contract administration
* Have experience with cost management, cost analysis and cost forecasting
* Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Have a full UK driving licence
Our client is offering a competitive salary with flexible benefits, including car allowance, pension, healthcare and bonuses, and encourages and supports career progression to the highest levels in this sector. This is an exciting opportunity to join the leaders of the Environmental field using cutting edge technology to deliver incredible results beyond that of a typical quantity surveyor company.
In order to discuss this Senior Quantity Surveyor role and other roles within quantity surveying please call (Apply online only) or email your CV