|Job Ref:||204666989||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Rainham||Address:||Post Code:||ME8||Salary:||£300 - £450/day||Post Date:||10/10/2016 18:56|
BMS Project Engineer|
£300-£450 PER DAY DOE
The company provides electrical, design, construction, installation, maintenance and refurbishment solutions to a number of blue chip clients throughout the UK NA success to date is largely due to the quality of the people they have within the business, and the strong team culture.
The company is currently delivering a major Defence Project in the Falklands and they are keen to enhance their Rainham, Essex based delivery team with a BMS Project Engineer.
As BMS Project Engineer 80% of your time will be based in a Project office in Rainham Essex, and 20% of your time will be spent on site in the Falkland Islands. ( Up to 2 weeks at a time)
As a BMS Systems Project Engineer your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following tasks:
Role and Responsibilities
* Prepare technical scope of works and technical specifications
* Assess and monitor compliance with project requirements, specifications and latest legislation
* Liaise with the site-based Project Engineer(s) to monitor Quality Control and Assurance and handover documentation
* Prepare material and equipment schedules for procurement and raise requisitions
* Identify and raise variations in requirements (scope and/or quality)
* Manage design, supply, build subcontractors throughout all applicable phases
* Review Subcontractor and Design Consultant designs for compliance, constructability and value for cost
* Manage technical query/RFI process with both Subcontractors and Main Contractor
* Cooperate and communicate effectively with Project Manager and other project participants to provide assistance and technical support
* Liaise directly with relevant stakeholders including Subcontractors, Main Contractor, Client and Operators as necessary
The successful BMS Controls Project Engineer will have a significant track record working on BMS Controls projects.
The individual will have outstanding commercial acumen and will have the experience of subcontractors and engineers.
A challenging role, this is your chance to become part of a growing company working on some interesting and challenging projects. To be successful you must have/be all of the following:
* Qualified to HNC Level in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
* Project Management experience
* Experience of delivering BMS projects within the Defence, Airports, Rail or Commercial environments
* Man Management experience